UKC

Beeston Tor threads

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Shapeshifter 24 Jun 2013
Hi all

Has anybody been to Beeston Tor recently who could advise on the presence and condition of the threads on Black Grub and Majolica. Looks like nobody has logged them for a while, since all the rain last year.

Thanks

Chubbs
 snoop6060 24 Jun 2013
In reply to chubbs2:

I went a few weeks ago, but didn't those 2 routes.

But the threads on the rest of the face were largely brand new and in abundance. And stuff on the beast was in good nick as well. They mostly looked to have been replaced recently, I would be surprised if these 2 routes aren't in good nick thread wise.
 Stig 24 Jun 2013
In reply to chubbs2: on those two routes the threads will either be in, or not. If they're in (likely) they'll be in good condition. Some public spirited individual removed all the threads from BG a few years ago so any in situ will be quite new. Majolica doesn't rely on many threads anyway, more small bomber wires from memory.

Take some small threads in any case. Small wires most useful too.

Btw plenty of people will have been climbing there, it isn't really affected by rain and dries very quickly.
 bigdrew 24 Jun 2013
In reply to Stig: Did blag grub not long ago, All in good condition. I'm sure you could do it without them if you wanted..
OP Shapeshifter 24 Jun 2013
In reply to chubbs2:

Thanks all that's great. Much appreciated.

Chubbs
 andi turner 24 Jun 2013
In reply to chubbs2: done them all in the past few weeks, replaced a few too. Take some of your own too as you never know what to expect til you get there. Getting to majolica will be the hardest part of the day.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...