UKC

Blue sky, pembroke. Tides.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 luke glaister 29 Jun 2013
Hi all. I'm off to Pembroke tomorrow for the day and would like to get blue sky done. I would like to know how long after high tide can u get to the bottom. High tide is about 12.25ish tomorrow afternoon so would hang around till 5 if it ment getting on it. Thanks.
Luke.
 Mark Morris 29 Jun 2013
In reply to luke glaister: From memory, the first belay is a good 3 or 4 metres above the rock shelf of low tide. Do some stuff on Saddlehead, watch for the retreating tides and ab down the line of the climb itself when you can see that it's low enough?

Fantastic route, enjoy.
 John2 29 Jun 2013
In reply to luke glaister: If you want to climb it from the very bottom, you need to be within half an hour of low tide. During neap tides it may not be possible to walk to the bottom.
 kevin stephens 29 Jun 2013
In reply to luke glaister: Low tide is at 17:30, but it only goes down to 2.4m (the highest of the low tides if that makes sense) tomorrow, which may not (I may be wrong) be low enough to allow sufficient time to do the route. You may be better picking a day when it goes down to 1.0 m or less.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 29 Jun 2013
In reply to kevin stephens:
> (In reply to luke glaister) Low tide is at 17:30, but it only goes down to 2.4m (the highest of the low tides if that makes sense) tomorrow, which may not (I may be wrong) be low enough to allow sufficient time to do the route. You may be better picking a day when it goes down to 1.0 m or less.

I doubt it will be clear, we did it on a low spring tide and the platform was getting washed by small waves.

Chris
OP luke glaister 29 Jun 2013
In reply to luke glaister: Thanks all. I will keep an eye on the route and see what happens. I've been waiting a wile to do it so won't spoil it if its not perfect . It will be there another day. Thanks. Luke.
 BenTiffin 29 Jun 2013
In reply to luke glaister: I did it last August at high tide but abseiled in. Admittedly not easy to work out where to go in from the top.

However, there was a lovely small ledge about 4/5m above the high tide line which we started from.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...