UKC

C4 tonight!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sean Kelly 23 May 2019

Alex Honnold & his Free Solo if you have not seen it yet!

JamButty 23 May 2019
In reply to Sean Kelly:

or you want to see it again!!

I'm excited,  best film for many a year, surpassed only by Bohemian Rhapsody (for different reasons of course!)

im off 23 May 2019
In reply to JamButty:

OMG you're right. Not seen it. Brill. Does he fall? No don't tell me......🤯.

JamButty 23 May 2019
In reply to im off:

another one bites the dust????

J Whittaker 24 May 2019
In reply to Sean Kelly:

Possible unpopular opinion... I watched it last night and thought it was the most boring climbing film ive ive watched. Dawn wall was much more interesting and from a pure climbers perspective the film on Dave Birkett - Set in Stone is much better. 

All that said i still think the actual climb he did was absolutely incredible, just the film overall to me seemed quite dull apart from the footage of the climb. 

timparkin 24 May 2019
In reply to J Whittaker:

> Possible unpopular opinion... I watched it last night and thought it was the most boring climbing film I've watched.

I wouldn't say it was boring but the human development in it was a bit lacking. The climbing itself was great though and I enjoyed the film as a whole. 

> Dawn wall was much more interesting

Now here I will agree with you completely. You'd be hard pressed to write a fictional climbing film with as good as background, story arc and denoument as this. The best climbing film I've seen (although I'm sure there are other good ones I haven't seen yet).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...