UKC

Callander Sport Crag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rockcat 16 Jul 2017
Just a note to thank the guys who are developing Callander Sport crag bearing in mind that the entire face had to be wire brushed to remove moss prior to being bolted! Having done a bit there myself to help out, its obviously an amazing job. The crag currently offers 6 routes which are really interesting and consistent on good conglomerate although inevitably a tad samey. Very enjoyable and good effort! http://callandercrags.weebly.com/
 IanMcC 16 Jul 2017
In reply to rockcat:

Gee, shucks
 yodadave 16 Jul 2017
In reply to rockcat:

great to have another varied venue up here!
Any of the developers on here? any hope of harder routes to come? Or any crag days planned to continue the work?
 JLS 16 Jul 2017
In reply to rockcat:

Good effort. I've looked up at that crag for years thinking one day I'd go have a look. I'm sure I'll visit now, knowing you guys have blazed the trail.
OP rockcat 16 Jul 2017
In reply to yodadave:

It seems that there is plenty of scope for further routes if anyone is prepared to put the time in wire brushing the moss.
 Fraser 16 Jul 2017
In reply to rockcat:

Good effort chaps, I'd also been looking at that place recently. Spoke to Rab Anderson who'd had a recce of the place a few years ago but had dismissed it due to the amount of moss on the entire face. Will check it out in due course.
 jonny taylor 18 Jul 2017
In reply to rockcat:

Popped up for a visit tonight. Well done to whoever has cleared all that. A nice set of easy routes that have appeared out of the moss!

I wonder how many of those pockets had a stone in them before the cleaning process started?
(The remaining ones all seemed very solid though, apart from one marked with a big chalk x)
 langdalec 19 Jul 2017
In reply to jonny taylor:

The chalk x was us! Couldn't get it out.

A great new crag and had the pleasure of a nice sunny day to play on it on Monday afternoon. Gave the 6a a bit of a brush at the top, if there's still a bolt fund for future developments happy to donate!

IanMcC 20 Jul 2017
In reply to IanMcC:

Thanks for the donations!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...