UKC

Calling all Culm and Baggy climbers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark Kemball 29 Jun 2018

I am preparing the next CC "Baggy and the Culm Coast" guide, and am planning to have the draft ready by the end of autumn with a view to publication in spring of next year (dangerous to give dates I know, but...). With this in mind, I'd like your help!

1. Information - I need to know of any new routes or routes that have fallen down, the easiest way to do this is to report them in the logbook system here. New routes need a good description, relating them to existing routes and ideally a line on a phototopo.

2.Bouldering - I'm not a boulderer, but we intend to include a selection of problems in the guide (we cannot hope to be definitive!). To that end I'd like feedback on problem grades and quality (how many stars?) again, the logbook system is well suited to this. The obvious areas to be covered are Hartland Quay and Maer Cliff (aka Northcott Mouth), but if there are quality problems elsewhere that really should not be left out, please let me know.

3. Action Photos - we will need good quality high res photos - the more we have to choose from the better! Again, the best way to do this is via this site - upload your photos with a link to the crag. We will search through the galleries and contact you for permission and a high res version if we'd like to use one of your images (no payment, but a copy of the guide).

4. Checking - I now have draft versions of the script and topos for many of the cliffs, if you'd like to check one, please contact me.

Many thanks (I will bump this thread from time to time over the next few months).

OP Mark Kemball 29 Jun 2018
In reply to Mark Kemball:

Forgot to say, the Atlantic Coast section of the North Devon and Cornwall guide will follow latter as there is rapid development at the moment, but photos and info for this are still needed.

Paul Ha 29 Jun 2018

Hi Mark , I know the area reasonably well, more than happy to help with some proof reading 

Paul

In reply to Paul Ha:

Thanks Paul, not quite at the proof reading stage yet - more a case of if you are planning to go to a particular crag, could you take the draft for that crag with you and see if it work.

Hi Mark. I'm off to North Devon in about 10 days for a week. got any pressing issues you'd like investigating?

Send me a list of tasks and I'll do what I can.

kinderguide@hotmail.com

oscaig 29 Jun 2018

Hi Mark - just to confirm that the CC plan is for two separate guides - baggy and the culm followed by north Cornwall (Atlantic coast) at a later point?  If so that would be rather dissaponiting (I'd been looking forward to the long awaited combined guide) and commercially a mistake in splitting two fairly marginal areas.    

Cheers,

Ian

In reply to oscaig:

That's the plan at the moment - 2 fairly small guides. The problem is that the Culm is close to being finished and the Atlantic Coast barely started - there's a lot of new areas being developed. If we wait until that's ready, the Culm will be out of date / need re-writing / fallen down...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...