UKC

Climbing in Llanberis this weekend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 knighty 17 Jan 2013
Just thought I'd post to amuse a few people!

I'm leaving tomorrow with a few guys from work to go climbing in Llanberis this weekend. It's a 430 mile round trip and with the expected snow, I imagine there will be no climbing to be had.

Gutted.
Simon Panton 17 Jan 2013
In reply to knighty: Forecast for the weekend is actually good, albeit a touch cold. Go to Holyhead Mountain (officially the sunniest crag in North Wales) or Tremadog and you should be fine. Maybe invest in a hand warmer though! I've done routes on cold days with one of these in my chalk bag and it certainly helps.
 neuromancer 17 Jan 2013
In reply to knighty:

If you're going all that way, tremadog is about the most sheltered place around, but from your logbook you may have done all the up-to-hvs stuff there.
OP knighty 17 Jan 2013
In reply to neuromancer:

Thanks for the suggestions. I do love Tremadog. And to be fair, in this (cold) weather the grades don't really matter to me; I'd rather be safe in doing a few severes with numb hands rather than pushing the grades!!
 nniff 17 Jan 2013
In reply to knighty:

I did Belshazzar in a blizzard once (rock shoes and redundant chalk bag rather than dry aid tooling). It wasn't supposed to be that way, but it was another one of those useful formative experiences!
 EeeByGum 17 Jan 2013
In reply to knighty: There is a half decent climbing wall near Llanberis even if you actually manage to get there. If the weather report is true, I give you a 30% chance of getting there.
OP knighty 17 Jan 2013
In reply to EeeByGum:

I'll report back on Monday with details about the weekend! I'm sure we'll get there...

Famous last words, eh?!
 JMarkW 17 Jan 2013
In reply to knighty:

gonna be an easterly so will be cold! I'm planning on doing some rolling practice in the kayak. Well thats the plan....

What you need is a NW facing suntrap...

cheers
mark
 Bulls Crack 17 Jan 2013
In reply to Mark Westerman:
> (In reply to knighty)
>
>
> What you need is a NW facing suntrap...

Or for the forecast to be wrong http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wl/holyhead_forecast_weather.html

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...