UKC

Clwyd Limestone - Monk's Buttress Nesting Restrictions?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pec 19 Jun 2017
Any body have any up to date info on whether there are currently any restrictions in place on Monk's Buttress? The BMC database and UKC logbooks only refer to 2016 restrictions.
Thanks.
 spenser 19 Jun 2017
In reply to pec:

Have you tried the RAD app? There was something funky going on a month or so ago which led to the app having this year's updates but not the website (or possibly vice versa).
OP pec 19 Jun 2017
In reply to spenser:

> Have you tried the RAD app? There was something funky going on a month or so ago which led to the app having this year's updates but not the website (or possibly vice versa).

I presume that's a smartphone thing? If so then no, I haven't got a smart phone.
In reply to pec:

You could try emailing access officer, Elfyn Jones, at the BMC :
elfyn@thebmc.co.uk
If he doesn't spot this thread soon!
 Elfyn Jones 20 Jun 2017
In reply to pec:

The restriction here has been lifted early as the birds do not appear to have nested on this crag this year. Likewise at Craig Arthur, the restriction there has also been lifted early. However the seasonal restriction remains in place at Independence Quarry as the peregrines there seem to be rearing young chicks. The BMC RAD for this area is now up to date - as mentioned above by another poster, we had a slight IT glitch with the RAD in early May that wiped all the 2017 updates but we are getting round to update all the " lost" updates but I seemed to have missed this one!

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/RAD/View.aspx?id=814

Elfyn Jones
BMC Access & Conservation Officer (Wales)
In reply to Elfyn Jones:

Thanks for correcting the BMC database, however the UKC logbooks still shows the 2016 update?
 Elfyn Jones 20 Jun 2017
In reply to MikeYouCanClimb:

I can only access the BMC RAD - I think its' up to UKC moderators to update whatever info is on the UKC logbooks.... and I'm unsure if there is a time delay before the BMC/UKC access link updates itself....
OP pec 20 Jun 2017
In reply to Elfyn Jones:

Thanks very much for the reply to my enquiry. That was the answer I was hoping for

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...