UKC

Costa Blanca Rockfax

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Lauren_S 11 Jan 2013
Hello Rockfax pepes,

What is the likelyhood of the new Costa Blanca Guide hitting the shops in February as advertised, I am booked in for an early march trip and am starting to get a bit twitchy
 Stuart S 11 Jan 2013
In reply to Lauren_S:

Latest on the Rockfax website is publication week commencing 18th Feb - http://www.rockfax.com/climbing-guides/books/costa-blanca-2013/

As far as I know, they're doing the final proof checks at the moment.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 11 Jan 2013
In reply to Lauren_S:

It is going to the printers a week on Monday. You will be able to order it soon after that.

http://www.rockfax.com/climbing-guides/books/costa-blanca-2013/

Chris
 The Ivanator 11 Jan 2013
In reply to Lauren_S: Rich Mayfield expressed a certain cheeky amusement at the 2 new routes that were put up at Alcalali the other day. So much being developed out there that the new guide is going to be incomplete even before it hits the shelves!
...still looking forward to it of course and will be front of the queue for a copy!
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 11 Jan 2013
In reply to The Ivanator:
> Rich Mayfield expressed a certain cheeky amusement at the 2 new routes that were put up at Alcalali the other day. So much being developed out there that the new guide is going to be incomplete even before it hits the shelves!

Well if someone told us what they were they could still make the cut. It is only (very) selective so will always be 'incomplete'!

> ...still looking forward to it of course and will be front of the queue for a copy!

It is looking pretty damn good.

Chris
 Mick Ward 12 Jan 2013
> (In reply to Lauren_S)

> ...and will be front of the queue for a copy!

I think there will be a fair amount of jostling in that queue, Ivan. For all peoples' quibbles, the standard of UK based guidebook writing is unbelievably high when compared to the past. We should be more grateful...

One shudders at the amount of work Chris, Alan, Mark and others (e.g. Ground-Up) do. Even a relatively modest bit of proof reading for the Dorset Rockfax left me thoroughly knackered.

Mick

P.S. Hope you enjoyed your recent visit to the Blanca. Come back soon!
 Jonathan Emett 12 Jan 2013
there are more routes being put up at Sella today!

I'm looking forward to getting my copy of 'The Laminated Book Of Lies' if only because my last one is so well-used it is falling apart. Thanks for the hard work!
> (In reply to Lauren_S) Rich Mayfield expressed a certain cheeky amusement at the 2 new routes that were put up at Alcalali the other day. So much being developed out there that the new guide is going to be incomplete even before it hits the shelves!
> ...still looking forward to it of course and will be front of the queue for a copy!

It would be really helpful if people putting up all these new routes sent us details as soon as possible. We can include them even up to the middle of next week, but we can't include them if we aren't told about them.

We need route names, and an accurate description of precisely where they go, preferably relating to a diagram in the old guide. We can even supply editable PDFs of the current guide which you can draw the route lines onto.

Cheers

Alan
 The Ivanator 12 Jan 2013
In reply to Jonathan Emett: I know there is intention to develop a large section of Sella to the right of the Sector Final which was previously an out of bounds area. Looks like potential for some excellent lines there.
In reply to Mick Ward: We are spoilt in the UK with guidebooks, I was struck by how many climbers of all nationalities were asking for a look at my 2005 CB Rockfax on my recent visit - it has to be the best guide for the area out there, and I'm sure the new one will be even better.
In reply to Alan James: Afraid I don't have details of the new routes I mentioned, I'm sure despite his lighthearted amusement at the new guide being out of date already Rich Mayfield would fill you in.
 andyb211 12 Jan 2013
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax: submitted our route at Sella as soon as we got back how come you never mentioned an edible pdf?

Happy New year big boy xx

Andy
 The Ivanator 12 Jan 2013
In reply to andyb211:
how come you never mentioned an edible pdf?
>
Must have already eaten it!

In reply to andyb211:
> (In reply to Alan James - UKC and UKH) submitted our route at Sella as soon as we got back how come you never mentioned an edible pdf?

Do you mean this route - http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/c.php?i=246068

That is a start, and thanks, but, to be honest, any route submitted to the Logbook database without any location information is not a great deal of help to a crag moderator and/or guidebook writer. Precise info, locating where it is in relation to other existing routes is what is required.

I have found out from Rich the approximate location of Fiscal Cliff but not heard anything back about Alcalali routes or any other routes on Sella Final Right. It doesn't look like there will be enough decent info to include that new sector in the guide anyway but we will need it for updates and app inclusion so it is still useful.

Cheers

Alan
 Sam Mayfield 12 Jan 2013
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Alcalali nothing to do with Rich not sure what Ivan is going on about! Rich next to me.

Sella will be developed and details will come through as and when! We are not rushing anything up there, and please note people that the road to Sector Final is still private, so no parking outside of car parks!

Sam orange
 The Ivanator 13 Jan 2013
In reply to Sam Mayfield: Not intending to mislead, Rich certainly was talking about 2 new routes at Alcalali one morning, obviously not put up by him though.
Hope the sun is still shining out there and thanks for a fantastic stay, just packing the down jacket to brave sub zero Swanage tomorrow!
 Sam Mayfield 13 Jan 2013

Rich seems to think it was Jonathan that mentioned 2 new routes, he knows about one new one but no more.

Jonathan might reply later if I mentioned it to him.

Sam Orange
 Jonathan Emett 14 Jan 2013
In reply to Sam Mayfield:

Ooh pass the buck time There is one new route ~1m right of Heaven Can't Wait. No name at base, it's about 7a, goes straight up some tufa then moves diagonally left to finish just right of the groove Heaven finishes up. I haven't tried the other one, it is left of Bushka & sodoku at the right hand end of a wide overhanging slot feature. Looks about 6c/7a and cruxy over the roof.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...