UKC

costs of gear rental and accommodation in krabi/tonsai

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 neil9216 26 Nov 2012
Hi
My girlfriend and I are going to be in South East Asia from mid Feb to 4th May next year,
we are trying to make a plan,
we hope to finish of with 2 to 3 weeks climbing in Krabi/tonsai area then head to KO Tao for 10 days diving.

has any one been climbing there,
What are the costs involved, in hiring gear and general living costs.
we have harnesses and belay device each as well as our shoes.
but will need quick draws and rope.

as we are on a backpacking budget we just want a rough idea of costs involved here so we can plan accordingly.

Any advice or info will be greatly appreciated,
Also if any one is planning on being there around that time let me know and maybe we can meet up.

Thanks
Neil
 Cheese Monkey 26 Nov 2012
In reply to neil9216: 150B - £3 for a cheap room on Tonsai. Up to 1000B - £20 a day equipment hire for two. Prob about 500B for a rope and draws - £10.

Its cheap, if you dont like the selection of gear in one shop move on to the next
 shaymarriott 26 Nov 2012
In reply to neil9216:

Accomodation is cheap - in 2009 I paid £4 for a single room with ensuite. Avoid Railay as although nice you'll pay through the nose!
 Max Hangs 26 Nov 2012
In reply to neil9216:

We paid 400 baht for a nice double room..it was also pretty insect proof unlike the first place we stayed at!

A main meal at a restaurant is rarely more than 90 baht. Didn't hire any gear though.

Have fun!

N-Missin 26 Nov 2012
In reply to neil9216: Ha I wonder if the crazy lady is still working at the little cafe type place, she was awesome but crazy as hell Me and my friend were living on about £10 a day there, be sure to make the full-moon party on koh Phangyang, it's awesome.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...