UKC

crack gloves

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flatlander 23 Sep 2008
http://www.triop.cz/druha_en.php3?hla=produkty&tel=produkty&pat=pro...

so has anyone used these before and is it cheating?

DaveR 23 Sep 2008
In reply to Flatlander:

I've used something similar. And they difnately felt like cheating, but I didn't complain at the time!
 woolsack 23 Sep 2008
In reply to Flatlander: Probably no more so than making a reusable 'glove' out of tape
silo 23 Sep 2008
In reply to Flatlander: I'm sure the people who will cry cheat will all climb barefoot.
In reply to Flatlander:

Great for learning with as they're simple to put on and eliminate nearly all pain in bad technique.

However, they are really insensitive so cause some major problems once you progress beyond around E2. They serve their purpose! When you're cruising Harvest in a pair and someone moans about cheating - hand them the sharp end of the rope and the gloves and watch them change their mind.

Oh yeah - they're also not super hard wearing. Only last around 400 jamming routes I'd say.
In reply to Tom Randall - Lattice Training: Which is about 350 more routes than I've done all summer roughly!
In reply to hairynortherner:

What can I say, I'm keen!
mountain monster 25 Sep 2008
In reply to Flatlander:
These aren't the same crack gloves my doctor uses. They're made of latex and he uses them with some sort of lubricant. Probably not too good for climbing in.
 M. Edwards 25 Sep 2008
In reply to Flatlander:
> http://www.triop.cz/druha_en.php3?hla=produkty&tel=produkty&pat=pro...
>
> so has anyone used these before and is it cheating?

Had a pair for a while now. They are just amazing! It's like making a hand jam into the best jug hold you have ever held. Takes very little effort to get a good jam too. Great for those who can't take the pain of sharp rock. Cheating? Isn't sticky rubber on our feet cheating too? Mark

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...