UKC

Curiosity regarding routes on Great Wall, Cloggy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Goucho 14 Jan 2013
Just out of curiosity, I wonder whether the UKC collective could tell me where the following routes are exactly on Great Wall:-

Face Mecca
Cathedral Graffiti
Dinas in the Oven
Rites of Spring

I know where the usual suspects - Great Wall, Midsummers, Masters, Indian Face, West Indian, Spreadeagle - go, but can't seem to find out where the other 4 go - just out of curiosity.
In reply to Goucho:

Cathedral Graffiti & Dinas in the Oven are based on the arĂȘte to the left of Great Wall. Dunno about the other two.

ALC
OP Goucho 15 Jan 2013
In reply to a lakeland climber: Thanks.

Gouch.
In reply to Goucho: Doesn't the latest guidebook have a decent topo of Great Wall? (I've just got the old Paul Williams one) I must say I'm a bit surprised that there isn't one on the internet.
OP Goucho 15 Jan 2013
In reply to Gordon Stainforth: I've searched the internet, and found nothing also.

Have to say that my curiosity does not spread to ordering the latest guidebook
 Ian Parsons 15 Jan 2013
In reply to Goucho:

Hi Gouch; I've erroneously addressed you in the past as "Grouch" - sincere apologies!

Off the top of my head: does Face Mecca take a rising left-to-right line from the mid-height belay on Great Wall to some point where it joins The Indian Face? And possibly includes some other bits beyond my recollection?
In reply to Ian Parsons:

According to the topo in the present guidebook Face Mecca does what you say but doesn't quite go so far as to join Indian Face.

Rite of Spring goes more or less horizontally right from the belay of Great Wall as far as Spreadeagle, though I think it rises a bit towards the end.

jcm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...