UKC

Dartmoor Climbing Guidebook??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kyaizawa 28 Feb 2013
Anyone know when the new CC Dartmoor and South Devon guide is due?? (I might have to start searching for the old 1995 copy if it's not coming out soon...) Or does anyone know any other good guidebooks to Dartmoor (I've got the Rockfax selective West Country Climbs, but there must be far more routes than appear in there!!)

Also, release date for the new Pembroke North (Vol.1)??
 Kemics 28 Feb 2013
In reply to kyaizawa:

The Nick White guide is great a read. It takes a little while to get used to the style but it's an awesome book and has just about every route on dartmoor.

Depending on where you're going the South Devon Mountaineering club has some really good free PDF topos on the website of the better crags. haytor, dewerstone, hound tor etc

Removed User 28 Feb 2013
In reply to kyaizawa: Pembroke North has been at the printers for more than a month, and we are hoping to have it in the shops early April, maybe even by Easter. Range West should follow mid summer (I am two-thirds way through the layout). Dartmoor is progressing but is a little further down the line.

Kafoozalem 28 Feb 2013
In reply to kyaizawa:

As well as the downloads at SDMC you will find downloads for The Dewerstone, Hay Tor, Dartmoor Bouldering and Chudleigh at Dave Henderson's excellent website here http://javu.co.uk/
 The Pylon King 28 Feb 2013
In reply to kyaizawa:

Work is well under way on a new CC Dartmoor guide and all being well will be out in around a years time. The guide will be Dartmoor granite only.
Removed User 01 Mar 2013
In reply to kyaizawa: Latest info on Pembroke North is that first copies should be at Cordee before Easter.
OP kyaizawa 01 Mar 2013
In reply to kyaizawa: Thanks for all the info, much appreciated Looking forward to the new Pembroke guide (trip planned for June), and I'll have to see if I can get an old Nick White guide/use online resources until the new one comes out!!
 tomrainbow 01 Mar 2013
In reply to kyaizawa: There are also topos and other information on the bouldering in Bovey Woods at:

http://shaptor.wetpaint.com/

It is usually about 5 degrees C warmer in there than on the top so ideal for this time of year.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...