UKC

drytooling at dumby!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 6b-east 01 Mar 2014
some of the crags at this place are pretty past their best, anyone think there would be any new tooling lines to be bolted!?
In reply to 6b-east:

define 'past their best'...
 Fraser 01 Mar 2014
In reply to 6b-east:

Honestly, you're supposed to get better at things with practice. This includes trolling.
 kwoods 01 Mar 2014
In reply to Fraser:

Agree with this... be more subtle!
Jim C 01 Mar 2014
In reply to 6b-east:

> some of the crags at this place are pretty past their best, anyone think there would be any new tooling lines to be bolted!?

Although this is a Troll, It is worth stating that it is a scheduled monument a 'nationally important' archaeological site given protection against unauthorised change.

Bolting is not allowed ( but a blind eye seems to have been turned)
Removed User 01 Mar 2014
In reply to Jim C:

> Although this is a Troll, It is worth stating that it is a scheduled monument a 'nationally important' archaeological site given protection against unauthorised change.

Dry tooling it would constitute a criminal offence and if it was reported with enough zeal a prosecution would be brought. (I'm sure you know this already but anyone daft enough to tool Dumby may not).
Jim C 01 Mar 2014
In reply to Removed User:

> Dry tooling it would constitute a criminal offence and if it was reported with enough zeal a prosecution would be brought. (I'm sure you know this already but anyone daft enough to tool Dumby may not).

I would not be worried so much about any prosecution, than the rock itself.

If you go inside the castle they ARE bolting, but with huge stainless bolts to hold it all together, as it is unstable.
Surprise surprise, the face that the climbing is on, is of course where all the boulders have already broken off the face.

It is just a matter of time before it happens again, I guess bolting will not help.
 kwoods 01 Mar 2014
In reply to Jim C:

I'm interested to know how the boulders fit back together. Some clear scrape marks down by Good Nicks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...