UKC

Dunbar Crag - state of bolts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ilyon 22 Apr 2013
Anyone been to Dunbar recently? http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=160 No comments or photos for a couple of years. Any opinions on state of bolts? thanks
 Andy Nisbet 22 Apr 2013
In reply to ilyon:

I went there some two years ago and checked out the approach etc. for the SMC sport guide. The bolts were all there but I was on my own and didn't touch any of them. The guide says, "the state of the bolts should be checked before climbing."

Good luck and be careful.
 warrygallace 22 Apr 2013
In reply to ilyon: The bolts have been replaced by staples fixed with resin last time I was there (around 6 months ago). They look fairly new and we climbed all the easy routes (6c+ and below) with no issues.
OP ilyon 23 Apr 2013
In reply to ilyon: thanks folks. I checked it out and wasn't totally comfortable with the corroded looking bolts at top of the grade 5 routes. I am new to this and aware of my abilities and can only lead outdoors on 5's. The bolts may have been fine, but I'm not experienced enough to make that call. The hoops were on harder (for me) routes, but they did look in good condition. Went to NB instead and had a great evening.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...