UKC

el chorro missing bolt hangers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bbangbala 08 Jan 2013
So I climbed Un Monton de Chatarra on Frontales today and found three of the mid-height bolt hangers were missing, so I had to finish left up Big Fun. Anybody know why? A couple were in pretty dodgy rock so I guess they may have been removed with the intention of re-bolting. Any ideas anyone?
 k_os 08 Jan 2013
In reply to bbangbala: if it helps, I'm pretty sure they were all there a month ago when I did it.
 thedatastream 09 Jan 2013
In reply to bbangbala: IIRC this route runs out of bolts in the last several metres to the top loweroff. Unless the Rockfax topo is wrong...
 Nick Russell 09 Jan 2013
In reply to thedatastream: I did this route on 24th and they were all there then.

As for the runout at the top, I would take all lines on photo topos with a pinch of salt. About 8-10m from the top I moved right to a chain (the top of "next door" I think, or just an intermediate 30m loweroff), and then found two more bolts between there and the top chains. If you keep going straight up it's pretty run out.
OP bbangbala 13 Jan 2013
In reply to bbangbala: Had another look yesterday, there are four hangers missing from the middle of the route. Bolts still there but hangers removed. Had to redirect some locals who had just started up it and we're also looking confused. Three of the four hangers that are now missing can be seen intact in the photo on P.40 of the rock fax guide.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...