UKC

Fast drying Duddon/Langdale and Bridges route

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MB42 17 Jul 2020

Hi, we're visiting relatives in the south lakes and hoping to pop out climbing tomorrow afternoon but there is quite a lot of rain forecast overnight, was wondering what the best bet for fast drying crag is (routes up to VS). Was thinking maybe Wallowbarrow or kettle crag?

We'll also be climbing for the day Sunday and was pondering heading in for Bridges route but whilst the rock is described as quick drying I was wondering if anyone knows if it seeps much there - its a long walk in with no easier alternatives if it is damp!

Mark Eddy 17 Jul 2020
In reply to MB42:

Raven and Gimmer in Langdale.

Wallowbarrow pretty fast drying too yes.

Sorry, can't help re Esk, only climbed there after longish dry spells. Wonderful place though. 

LakesWinter 17 Jul 2020
In reply to MB42:

I would guess at Bridges probably being ok on Sunday but the approach walk will probably be quite wet. It's a fantastic route.

charliesdad 17 Jul 2020
In reply to MB42:

Kettle crag dries slowly.

Long Scar or Black Crag are exposed to any breeze and dry quickly.

Post edited at 12:27
OP MB42 17 Jul 2020
In reply to Mark Eddy:

Thanks, I should have said we've climbed quite a bit at Raven and Gimmer which was why I was considering other places - but then I love both of them so we might still head there if they are the surest bet.

In reply to LakesWinter:

Thanks, sounds hopeful! I used to live in Argyll so boggy walk-ins are a speciality

In reply to charliesdad:

Cheers, useful to know on Kettle. Long scar/Black crag is a good shout, I've never climbed there so forgotten about them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...