UKC

/ FRCC Mountain Challenges

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
C Witter on 06 Dec 2018

I've stumbled across the FRCC Mountain Challenges list (https://www.frcc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/MC_Lakes.pdf), but the acronyms remain cryptic. 

Can anyone help me out by explaining what each of these mean? Acronym on the left, my guess on the right.

BGR - Bob Graham Round (right?)

Lakes 3000 - All 3000 ft fells in the Lakes?? If so, it's a short list. Is it in one day?

Lakes 100 - 100 rock or ice climbs in the Lakes?

JNLC - Joss Naylor Lakeland Challenge?

FRCC 244 - the Wainwrights + a few more?

FRCC 12 - No idea...

AW 214 - Wainwrights?

Ta muchly!

elliptic on 06 Dec 2018
In reply to C Witter:

> BGR - Bob Graham Round (right?)

Yes.

> Lakes 3000 - All 3000 ft fells in the Lakes?? If so, it's a short list. Is it in one day?

Yes, traditionally done as a loop from Keswick.

> Lakes 100 - 100 rock or ice climbs in the Lakes?

Don't know.

> JNLC - Joss Naylor Lakeland Challenge?

Yep.

> FRCC 244 - the Wainwrights + a few more?

All the tops in "The Lakeland Fells" FRCC walking guidebook.

> FRCC 12 - No idea...

Don't know either.

> AW 214 - Wainwrights?

Yep.

C Witter on 06 Dec 2018
In reply to elliptic:

Thanks! Hopefully someone else will be able to fill in our blanks.

elliptic on 06 Dec 2018
In reply to C Witter:

Looks like the FRCC 12 refers to this: https://www.frcc.co.uk/the-club-memorial-for-the-great-war-1914-to-1918/the-memorial-round/

Lingmell, Broad Crag, Great End, Seathwaite Fell, Allen Crags, Glaramara, Grey Knotts, Brandreth, Green Gable, Base Brown, Great Gable, Kirk Fell.

Post edited at 15:14
C Witter on 07 Dec 2018
In reply to C Witter:

I thought someone would be able to explain these, but it's remarkably quiet... Is it forbidden for FRCC members to explain to the uninitiated? 

Dum dum dum! How mysterious!

didntcomelast on 07 Dec 2018
In reply to C Witter:is the Lakes 100 not the Lakeland 100 ultra race?

C Witter on 07 Dec 2018
In reply to didntcomelast:

I don't think so, because if you follow the link (https://www.frcc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/MC_Lakes.pdf), you can see that people have entered details including "100 VS+" or "157 rock + 40 ice". So, I would imagine it relates to climbing routes...  

And I can't see it being in one day, as "420+20ice" seems an awful lot to get through in a day. Unless you live in the Peak, in which case it's probably just "a fun day out"...

Rick Graham on 07 Dec 2018
In reply to C Witter:

Quite a select list of folk who have climbed over 400 routes in one day in the peak. I got the impression they were pretty knackered after and during. So probably not " a fun day out". I did post earlier about the frcc12, but my list was not as accurate as elliptics so I deleted it. I am in the frcc and whilst not bothered by lists, I am sure the lakes 100 refers to 100 rock climbs total, though it seems fair to include winter routes.

Post edited at 19:38
Tom Ripley - on 07 Dec 2018
In reply to Rick Graham:

> Quite a select list of folk who have climbed over 400 routes in one day in the peak. 

Any idea who would be on the list?

i can think of: Wideboyz and John Arran and Shane Ohly.

Anymore?

Rick Graham on 07 Dec 2018
In reply to Tom Ripley:

Ron Fawcett did a big tour not eclipsed until JA + SO iirc.

Post edited at 20:58
C Witter on 08 Dec 2018
In reply to Rick Graham:

Ta Rick!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.