UKC

Glen Rosa campsite - Arran

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Dom Bush 08 Aug 2019

We're heading to Arran over the weekend to climb on the Rosa Pinnacle and need somewhere to camp up with vans and tents. We were hoping to stay at the Glen Rosa campsite but we can't contact anyone and suspect it may have ceased trading.

Does anyone know if you can still camp there?

Colin Moody 08 Aug 2019
 ebdon 08 Aug 2019
In reply to Dom Bush:

Cycled past last weekend (we camped at the top of the glen near the pinnacle)

Definitely open it looked very low key bit more of a post your fee into a random box kind of site rather then somewhere you pre book a pitch.

There was a portocabin in the carpark with instuctions

elliptic 08 Aug 2019
In reply to ebdon:

Yep as above, we stayed there on Sunday night.

Be aware the vegetation is currently crawling with ticks, as well as the midges you'd expect for the time of year.

StockportAl 08 Aug 2019
In reply to Dom Bush:

I stayed there last year, £5 pppn, midges were enough to keep you in hiding for as long as possible but if there is a breeze they'll be driven to ground. The guy who runs it comes around each evening to see who is new and collects the appropriate fee, you'll know if he is in as there will be a Scottish Water pickup truck by the house just before the camp site. I was given that tip by a friend of his brother on the ferry over.

Dom Bush 08 Aug 2019
In reply to Dom Bush:

Thanks all. It seems having spoken to the neighbouring campsite that the guy is just difficult to get hold of. I don't think our van will fit down the track tho having had that chat.

Thanks for pointing out that Google exists Colin Moody, very valuable - I had no idea!

DaveHK 08 Aug 2019
In reply to Dom Bush:

> I don't think our van will fit down the track tho having had that chat.

If it's up to Transitish size there are some parking spots near the end of the road and above the campsite that you might squeeze a van into. 

Colin Moody 08 Aug 2019
In reply to Dom Bush:

I did think about editing it after I posted, sorry.

I was there earlier this year and they had made the parking area much bigger, there were rescue team vans there which reduced it a bit but still more space than before.

Dom Bush 08 Aug 2019
In reply to Colin Moody:

Ok, thanks Colin.

petegunn 08 Aug 2019
In reply to Dom Bush:

T5 size van is fine Dom

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...