/ Great Western Rock Rocks!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Bobling - on 22:09 Mon

I just wanted to say thanks to all those who have worked hard on the Great Western Rock North Somerset Outcrops Vol 1 guide.  I had a great day today at  Sand Point dividing my time between fossil hunting and easy pottering.  So thanks to Mark Davies for helming, all those who took photos, all those who new routed and Dick's for stocking.  Great stuff folks!

Before he gets there first - I've ordered my own copy now Bald Eagle!

gobbledigook - on 23:38 Mon
In reply to Bobling:

Ahh!

I agree, another beautiful Great Western Rock publication, I'm sure Mark appreciates our support... Even if he does bitch like an old woman!

Buying local guidebooks puts money back into the hands of local climbers, and that in turn just encourages new routes and development of crags for is all to enjoy 😍

leland stamper on 23:48 Mon
In reply to Bobling:

Aahhh Sand Point! The new (miniature) Pembroke and it's not polished yet! Brilliant guidebook. Loving the location descriptions. North Somerset is the place to be this summer

deepstar - on 17:05 Tue
In reply to Bobling:

Well said Bobling, at last, mention of North Somerset Outcrops, volume 1 on UKC. I knew Mark would'nt self publicise his latest literary effort ( apart from the fact that he's probably banned again). The effort he puts into these guidebooks is amazing and the quality of the photos and text outstanding.

BALD EAGLE - on 20:40 Tue
In reply to Bobling:

> I just wanted to say thanks to all those who have worked hard on the Great Western Rock North Somerset Outcrops Vol 1 guide.  I had a great day today at  Sand Point dividing my time between fossil hunting and easy pottering.  So thanks to Mark Davies for helming, all those who took photos, all those who new routed and Dick's for stocking.  Great stuff folks!

> Before he gets there first - I've ordered my own copy now Bald Eagle!

Not before time Bobling and glad you have great day out! And I believe North Somerset Outcrops Vol 2 should be going live later this year so everyone local to the area buy a copy as it will be ace! Cheers Dave

gooberman-hill - on 07:58 Thu
In reply to Bobling:

Where would I find a copy?

Steve

remus - on 08:08 Thu
In reply to gooberman-hill:

Dick's Climbing in Bristol is a reliable source https://www.dicksclimbing.com/collections/climbing-guidebooks-southern-england/products/north-somerset-outcrops-vol-1

I think I'm right in saying Dick is one half of the publishing company, Great Western Rock.

The Ivanator - on 08:59 Thu
In reply to Bobling:

Great little guide, well chuffed to see my first ascents at Sand Point in print. The quality of my exquisite little VS at Middle Hope Cove Sandweto (VS 4b) is recognised with a star

Great photography, including a stunning cover shot. Both my chilly forays outside this year have been inspired by the new guide - Bilbo (VS 4b) at Goblin was an interesting outing and Pipe Music (S) at Sand Point is a great little offering.

Post edited at 08:59
Bobling - on 11:43 Thu
In reply to The Ivanator:

And thank you for that route!  I only intended to try the first holds but couldn't stop myself!  

Post edited at 11:43
gobbledigook - on 16:17 Sat

I had a great time yesterday with the Pylon King showing off a crag I would have written off as too hard for me, and getting a couple of pics for vol 2 👌😎

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.