UKC

HArpur Hill (Long Wall and the sanctuary

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gary Gibson 19 Jun 2021

I have today finished adding stainless steel maillons and rings to the glue in belays at Harpur Hill which completes those added to Long Wall and the sanctuary:

further donations can be made to me via my website https//www.sportsclimbs.co.uk

next objective is College Buttress, Pool Wall and the Racetrack and routes like Cairn, Ratline and all of the dark side..phew

Post edited at 14:18
In reply to Gary Gibson:

Great work Gary, the new belays are excellent. Thank you for all your hard work.

OP Gary Gibson 20 Jun 2021
In reply to Gary Gibson:

i would formally like to thank Rockfax for their very kind donation of £500 to my bolt fund to help me complete my work in adding belay rings and maillons and regearing other routes at this crag

TobyA 21 Jun 2021
In reply to Gary Gibson:

I think I was using some of the new bolts and lower offs on the lower tier - the Dark Side - two weekends back. Everything was shiny, chunky and reassuring looking! I did a route called A Dea (6a) - one of yours I'm sure. It was such good fun! Clean, solid and with some amazing holds. I reckon easily deserves a star if not two. I was buzzing after doing it. I thought better than the 5c left of it that does get a star.

Where can I buy a copy of your new topo Gary? The rockfax app is quite up to date but still missing lots of your newest routes on Long Wall I noticed. I've also found using the app on my phone on sunny summer days isn't super easy, so would happily buy a paper pamphlet to use along side it. Are they in Outside in Hathersage?

ChrisBrooke 21 Jun 2021
In reply to TobyA:

I was in Outside at the weekend and saw the GG Harpur Hill guide on display there.

In reply to TobyA:

> The rockfax app is quite up to date but still missing lots of your newest routes on Long Wall I noticed.

Really? Are you sure Toby? Not aware of any missing routes although I do know that if you blink, Gary can add a few. Have you updated to the latest package?

Alan

TobyA 21 Jun 2021
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Yep. I think literally the newest routes arrived maybe a month ago? Whilst it might be six weeks or so since the Rockfax Update came out? I did look on Gary's website too when I was last there and I think some but maybe not all of the newest lines are on there. The new routes we were looking at are all along The Dark Side, from Race Track Playa to Long Wall. So I did Checkered Flag (5c) a few weeks ago, but there were new bolts to the left of it. I don't think at the time that was in the UKC database, but someone has added it now - Speedo (5a). Lots in the UKC database now that don't have the ROckfax icon next to them so I guess they are all new additions.

In reply to TobyA:

> Lots in the UKC database now that don't have the Rockfax icon next to them so I guess they are all new additions.

I can see 6 routes on the Racetrack area that are new I think. I'll add them for the next update.

Alan

Post edited at 16:27
OP Gary Gibson 21 Jun 2021
In reply to TobyA:hi Toby the route was bolted by myself but my wife led the first ascent and ironically I managed to lead it again the other week, early signs of the sensation coming back into my hands since my stroke and trapped ulna and median nerve in my right arm..it certainly perked my confidence up a tad: yes the topos are available in Outside in Hathersage and I am selling them but numbers are getting low already ..looks like a reprint already 

OP Gary Gibson 23 Jun 2021
In reply to Christheclimber:

Thanks for your support 

Michael Hood 23 Jun 2021
In reply to Gary Gibson:

Glad to hear that you're on the mend, even if it's slow and there's still a long way to go.

In reply to Michael Hood:

Thanks very much, just want to get number 5,000 done and sign off perhaps?

In reply to Gary Gibson:

college Buttress done now..Pool Wall tomorrow 

OP Gary Gibson 25 Jun 2021
In reply to TobyA:book posted

OP Gary Gibson 26 Jun 2021
In reply to Gary Gibson:

Pool Wall done

OP Gary Gibson 29 Jun 2021
In reply to Gary Gibson:thank you to everybody that has provided donations to me

steveriley 29 Jun 2021
In reply to Gary Gibson:

Thank you for the tireless work! Small note, the grades of the routes on right of Perched Block have fallen off the topo (pg17) - might be fixable for the reprint?

OP Gary Gibson 29 Jun 2021
In reply to steveriley:yes, sorry about that: just trying to sort the pdf for the reprint along with some other sectors being added: hopefully not too long now

steveriley 29 Jun 2021
In reply to Gary Gibson:

Nothing to apologise for, drop me a line if you want an extra pair of proofing eyes

OP Gary Gibson 30 Jun 2021
In reply to steveriley:

Will do

TobyA 30 Jun 2021
In reply to Gary Gibson:

Got it at the weekend - many thanks Gary. Going over tonight to tick some routes and give the new topo a try out! 

Dave Garnett 30 Jun 2021
In reply to TobyA:

See you there!

OP Gary Gibson 11 Jul 2021
In reply to Gary Gibson:but she won’t be credited with it as UKC don’t have a clue as to who did what first?

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 11 Jul 2021
In reply to Gary Gibson:

Give me a list of all errors in the F.A. details and I will happily correct them, 
Chris

In reply to Chris Craggs:

Will see what I can do

In reply to Gary Gibson:just sorted the reprint with new sectors and more new routes 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...