UKC

Hoghton Quarry restoration day

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hoghton Quarry

The locals and lovers of Hoghton are running a restoration day at this execcelnt quarry on Sat Feb 10th, with SUnday being the fallback option in case Saturday is bad weather.

If anyone is planning to attend, please reply to that effect on here.

YTou will need all your own kit, helmet, rope protectors if you have them, and gear to clean out cracks (patio knives, old ice axes, nut keys and such like). A good stiff brush (wire brushes are the most effective) would also be handy. Hand says, bow saws, and a chain saw or two might not go down too badly.

Any questions, ask away. Feel free to repost this information.
 petegunn 02 Jan 2018
In reply to Frank the Husky:

Does this mean the owner(s) are coming round a bit with the access issues?
There was quite a lot of work done a few years ago with a similar clean up but due to the poor access agreement (only 2 months climbing) nature is taking hold once again.
Its good that the cleaning can take place before springtime though as then it might be in better state, ready for the summer access.
 mrphilipoldham 02 Jan 2018

If it gets put back to Sunday I'd be interested!
In reply to petegunn:

I don't really know, but best to assume that they are probably feeling broadly the same...
 Mike Conlon 02 Jan 2018

This could be worth watching.
 Brad Jackson 02 Jan 2018

I will be making an effort to be involved.

I would like to know that access has improved before wasting my time again.
 Alex@home 02 Jan 2018

Afraid I won't be able to help you on the day but if you've any energy left by the evening then come on down to our next Club Classics night to celebrate your work. I'll buy you a drink or 2 for your efforts
In reply to Frank the Husky: When I said chainsaws might be handy, what I actually meant was - please don't bring chainsaws as that requires permission from the estate which we don't have. Soz.

Team BMC 31 Jan 2018

For those keen to lend a hand with the clean-up on 10 February, details about what to bring, where to park etc, are on the BMC Local Areas site: http://community.thebmc.co.uk/Event.aspx?id=3942

Tom Valentine 31 Jan 2018
In reply to petegunn:

.............. nature is taking hold once again.

People on here are normally quite keen to tell me why this is a good thing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...