UKC

How does my Gardoms grow?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ramblin dave 12 Apr 2013
Any idea what Gardom's is likely to be like over the weekend? Recent Tom Randall action notwithstanding, is most or all of the easier stuff going to be greener than a green thing?
In reply to Ramblin dave:

Most grit not suffering from snow melt above was dry wednesday though has been light rain yesterday pm and on and off today. I'm sure you will find something to go at as long as its dry (as forecast) tomorrow morn. My garden wall is made of gritstone and that's dry!
OP Ramblin dave 12 Apr 2013
In reply to Somerset swede basher:
Ah yes, the stone wall test - I know it well. Good news!

Bur I was wondering specifically about Gardoms (haven't been there for ages etc) and whether its tendency to go a bit fluorescent in damp conditions will be in play at the moment...
 mark20 12 Apr 2013
It's not rained/snowed much over the last few days but today has been pretty damp. Apple Arete area tends to dry off quickly but everything else can stay a bit damp and green after rain for a day or so. Personally I'd go somewhere more exposed and less green, Froggatt and Curbar would be good bets
 Offwidth 13 Apr 2013

The true extent of Gardom's was perhaps one of the bigeest surprises for me on the eastern edges when I started guidebook work, as I'd always gone to the same bits before, put off by its reputation. As there was a lot to do for the Froggatt Guide and the Offwidth site we climbed at all times of the year. The problem on the less popular routes is more to do with grass, bracken bilberry and seedling birch than flourescence. Most of the crag is normally at its best at this time of year (good friction no midges etc). Recent weather will still leave plenty of options.
OP Ramblin dave 13 Apr 2013
FWIW, we went and had a good day out, but mostly stuck to the stuff around Apple Buttress and that wall full of VSes to the left of it. Glad we went for it, cracking day out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...