UKC

illness preventing climbing/biking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 leehawkins 28 Aug 2013
absolutly gutted, been suffering from degenerative disks in lower spine for past few years but havnt been able to bike for last few weeks as in to much pain and tried climbing today and now suffering realy bad stuck on couch cant walk. time to call it a day maybe ?
 Kafoozalem 28 Aug 2013
In reply to leehawkins:

Sounds rough. Pester the NHS - you are too young to give up. With the right meds, treatment and physio I'm sure you'll get some more climbing done. Work out exactly what types of movement are causing the pain too. You can often adapt your climbing style to your injury. Good luck.
OP leehawkins 28 Aug 2013
In reply to Kafoozalem: been refered to pain management clinic and waiting for injections in my spine. only 28 im not looking forward to it
 KiwiPrincess 28 Aug 2013
In reply to leehawkins:

Our local Osteopath will help you with Bike set up, For optimum position etc. Maybe there is someone that Could Help you in your area, or e mail Queenstown osteopathy NZ. it may be the Climbing pain is due to Being stressed by biking, I soccasionally get a disk issue in my neck riding.

During Illness I have taken up wandering around alpine area's Photographing the alpine plants, Painting the scenery etc.

Best of luck

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...