UKC

Is Scafell dry?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RiXmAn 26 Oct 2012
I was wondering how wet Scafell is as I would like to climb there tomorrow, does anybody know? Cheers Sarah
 mockerkin 26 Oct 2012
In reply to RiXmAn:
> I was wondering how wet Scafell is as I would like to climb there tomorrow, does anybody know? Cheers Sarah

It hasn't rained for a week here. I was up as far as Great End yesterday & it looked reasonable. Probably worth a try.

3leggeddog 26 Oct 2012
In reply to RiXmAn:

A gentle northerly breeze and 4 degrees in west cumbria right now. Scafell may well be dry but it will be nithering. Best to hope for some morning sun on the east buttress.
 Simon Caldwell 26 Oct 2012
In reply to 3leggeddog:
Freezing level of 200m forecast for tomorrow!
 shantaram 26 Oct 2012
In reply to RiXmAn: Unless you're hard as nails, I'd choose a south facing low lying valley crag tomorrow. Scafell won't be at it's best.
 petegunn 26 Oct 2012
In reply to RiXmAn: Its 1c in Penrith already, enjoy your first hots aches of the season!
 Jon Stewart 26 Oct 2012
In reply to RiXmAn:

Scafell's the best crag in England.

When there's a heatwave.
 Carolyn 27 Oct 2012
In reply to RiXmAn:

I'm told Corvus was pretty slimy on Wednesday evening - yes, I know it's not on Scafell, but only thing I've heard about the high crags recently! Frost on the ground this morning, so it'll certainly be cold....
 3leggeddog 27 Oct 2012
In reply to RiXmAn:

Did you go, my garden was still frosty at midday
 Franco Cookson 29 Oct 2012
In reply to 3leggeddog: We went up to Dove in the end. First time I've been there- Wild crag! Pretty damp, with odd patches of ice, but climbing was still possible- if a little cold.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...