UKC

Keld/Kisdon Chris Sowden/Tony Burnell

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Emilio Bachini 12 Jul 2018

Keld In Action (7b) Kisdon Force, Swaledale

Evening all.

I’m hoping to make it over to Keld in the next couple of weeks to rebolt a couple of the routes on Kisdon Scar, especially Keld In Action. It looks great, the bolts however don’t.

I’ve been around to witness some unfriendly behaviour from folks rebolting routes irrespective of the original developer’s intentions, opinions and thoughts.

And so I was wondering if anyone could forward my details or put me in contact with Chris or Tony.

Thanks in advance for any help, Emilio.  

Post edited at 22:23
 overdrawnboy 12 Jul 2018
In reply to Emilio Bachini:

You can message Tony on Facebook he's in New Zealand these days. I'll tell Chris yourey trying to get hold of him and get him to look you up on here. 

In reply to overdrawnboy:

Thank you for the quick and informative response, it’s appreciated.

Emilio. 

Neil Foster Global Crag Moderator 12 Jul 2018

If Tony or Chris are anything other than delighted, I’ll eat my.....

No, best not tempt fate!

Neil

overdrawnboy 13 Jul 2018

Chris says that it's fine by him, he can't get on UKC for some reason. Looks like salad for Neil's lunch.

And so Keld In Action (7b) is all finished up.

There’s an anchor lower than the original tree lower off, as to avoid the loose, very vegetated area.

The original bolts are still in place, I didn’t have the means to remove them even if I wanted to.

Soldier (7b) also has new bolts but I didn’t get around to getting an anchor in, so in the off chance someone heads up it any time soon, might be worth taking some old rope to lower off the tree.

All the bolts are 12x110mm stainless steel expansion (Fixe) purchased very recently. The hangers are also stainless steel, also Fixe.  

sammy5000 25 Jul 2018

Hi Emilio

Did you manage to do both routes? We retro bolted one of the routes a while ago with the pretence to go back and do some more. On the right in the bottom break is a hand saw and some secateurs. If your going back up. If you fancy a hand with some bolting give me a shout.

Sam

In reply to sammy5000:

Hello Sam, that’s good to hear. Some gardening would be benifical to some bits. I haven’t had a chance to climb there since last year, I’ve just been over by myself recently. Thanks for the offer. 

Paul Figg 28 Jul 2018

Emilio, I looked into re bolting some of the routes a year or so ago but decided they probably wouldn't see the traffic to justify it so thanks for your work, if your heading back let me know if you want a hand, I live not far away in swaledale.

Well it turns out things aren't as they seem. Apologies, to no one in particular but the collective climbing community.

This forum post sums it up if you haven't been following it already.

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/gear/bolt_advice-691159

Post edited at 22:41

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...