UKC

Lakes Trad this weekend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Anyone under 40  free and up for Lakes trad climbing this weekend, multi-pitch up to HS?

In reply to climberclimber321:

Anyone with blonde hair and big knockers available this weekend?

Your post is approaching those levels of offensiveness. 

In reply to Presley Whippet:

Just trying to meet some climbers closer to my age which is fair enough I think, offended because you’re feeling old?

I think applying criteria such as the ones you suggested will limit your opportunities to go climbing, which is what you ultimately want to do.

You may even find a buxom blonde over 40 willing to climb. 

neuromancer 21 Apr 2022
In reply to Presley Whippet:

In this blokes defence you appear to be suggesting that literally the only thing someone has value as a climbing partner is their interest in climbing.

Maybe he doesn't want to spend the entire day chatting about children, mortgages and expensive road bikes at belays?

J Whittaker 21 Apr 2022

I have friends 20 years my senior who out climb me by some margin.

Age ain't nothing but a number in this game.

I'm not trying trying to find a blonde or someone better than me. I'm sure most people 20 years older than me probably climb better. Just trying to meet people my age to make friends and climb as I don't know many people in the Lakes... Maybe there should be an under 40's UKC to stop all the grumpy old comments on every thread.. or maybe I should have just asked for a blonde to climb with..

Post edited at 15:58

I'd have been tempted, but alas at 42 I am too aged

im off 21 Apr 2022

I too would be interested but alas I'm 51.

On the plus side my breasts are getting bigger the older I get

Jon Stewart 21 Apr 2022

I was looking for a partner this weekend.

Jon, aged 43.

(Not actually true, got a partner, just joining in with the fun).

Seriously though, Internet climbing blind dates are a great way to meet people. Probably half my best friends and regular climbing partners I met this way. But the more people you climb with the more people you'll meet, so IME it's best just to climb with whoever wants to do the same stuff and not put extra criteria in as you're more likely to end up with loads of piss taking and no one to climb with!

After a few days climbing with the elderly and infirm, you'll probably get a day with someone younger you're more likely to click with. But you might do some wicked routes with some interesting people if you cast your net wide and have an open mind. Your call, but I think you'll meet more people you'll keep as friends that way (and attract less UKC piss taking) and get more valuable climbing experience that'll make it easier still to team up with climbers wherever you go.

Good luck!

In reply to Jon Stewart:

I appreciate that message! I do often climb with people older but for once I thought it might be nice to meet people my age, but UKC took that as i don’t want anything to do with people over 40, I forgot that everything on here  has to be criticised 

raussmf 22 Apr 2022

There is nothing wrong with wanting to climb / meet people of a similar age....jeez

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...