UKC

Llech Ddu Conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike lawrence? 16 May 2018

Anyone been up recently? Want to do The Groove but last time we went up it was sopping and I'd quite like to enjoy the route whilst climbing it.

thanks

mike

In reply to mike lawrence?:

Whilst I can't necessarily pass comment (because I haven't actually been there recently) from the recent spell of warm/dry weather we'd been having I'd imagine it would be getting there, but maybe still a little damp in places. 

I've done most of it twice - once for The Groove, once for The Great Arete - and both times it's been damp, and both times it was after a long dry spell later in the year (July/August). As such I'd expect it to be climbable, but with the occasional damp spot here and there.

Good luck!

In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Great thanks, assuming it doesn't rain we'll give it a go.

mike

There have been Chough nesting on the crag in recent years, so you may need to be prepared to cancel / do something else if they are near to The Groove!

ebdon 16 May 2018

I did it during a two week heatwave 2 years ago and the 1st two pitches were still pretty slimy so I'm not sure if it ever gets properly dry but i guess thats half the fun of this route. Enjoy!

Brodes 17 May 2018
In reply to ebdon:

> I did it during a two week heatwave 2 years ago and the 1st two pitches were still pretty slimy so I'm not sure if it ever gets properly dry but i guess thats half the fun of this route. Enjoy!

I also climbed it in a very hot dry period last year.  I recall seconding the first pitch which had a deep slimy wet crack full of slugs, moss and a well-placed hex.  There was no need to use that crack for anything other than placing gear.  Other than that the route was dry and a really good experience.  My first (and to date only) mountain multipitch route.

Brodes

Paz 17 May 2018
In reply to Ron Rees Davies:

Chuffing Choughs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...