UKC

Looking for trad climbers who want to share an experience!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
raga0028 16 Jul 2017
Trad Climbers!

Looking for individuals who are avid trad climbers who love to talk about climbing and share their experiences. My name is Ethan and I am a Master’s of Outdoor Education student at the University of Edinburgh writing my dissertation on people’s experiences within climbing.

Looking for individuals:

• Between the ages of 20 & 30
• Trad climb at least once every two weeks
• Climbs at a minimum grade of Hard Very Severe (HVS)
• Lives in the Edinburgh area (preferably within a 1 hour bus ride from city centre)
• Available for an interview (max 2 hours) during the months of August or September
• Looking for both females and males
• Who would enjoy a free cup of coffee/tea for their time

If interested, please contact me by email at:
s1614694@sms.ed.ac.uk
Or by phone:
+44 7393 536006
 yodadave 16 Jul 2017
In reply to raga0028:

So why the relatively narrow age range?
curious from an academic standpoint.

Also how have you found the masters? I'm keen on it myself but would have to do it as a part time student because of work. Cheers
raga0028 16 Jul 2017
In reply to yodadave:

Academically, it allows for my findings to be narrowed and more precise. If the age range was too large then it may not be as applicable because the data set would cover such a large range.

The masters was actually really good. Very weighted on the theoretical side of outdoor education rather than the professional. So no certifications upon finishing but otherwise great!
 climbwhenready 16 Jul 2017
In reply to raga0028:

> Academically, it allows for my findings to be narrowed and more precise. If the age range was too large then it may not be as applicable because the data set would cover such a large range.

Huh???
 paul mitchell 17 Jul 2017
In reply to raga0028:

A Master's of Outdoor Education indeed! Do you actually climb?
 paul mitchell 17 Jul 2017
In reply to paul mitchell:

Because if you don't actually climb,your theorising will be rather shallow.
raga0028 25 Jul 2017
In reply to paul mitchell:

Hi Paul,

I do indeed climb. It's been a very large part of my life for the last 9 years and I have even taken up coaching youth teams.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...