UKC

Lower-offs at Penmaenbach Quarry Main Slab Level

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Andy Boorman suggested that the routes I did there last year might become popular enough that the fixed lower-off hangers I used would wear. He thought they should be replaced by maillons and rings. These were supplied by the bolt fund and I fitted them on my Main Slab level routes today. Unfortunately I had problems with the Puzzle Groove and Multicultural Slab lower offs and each of these has now lost its original hangers but has only one bolt with a properly fitted replacement ring. The problems are trivial (e.g. a dropped nut lost in the rocks below) and I aim to sort them out very soon. However in the unlikely event that anyone tries to climb on this N facing crag in the next week or they should be aware of this. 

AP Melbourne 07 Feb 2018
In reply to harold walmsley:

> Andy Boorman suggested that the routes I did there last year might become popular enough that the fixed lower-off hangers I used would wear.

He's good that Andy Boorman chap isn't he. Taught me everything I know - plus a few things I didn't.

Bone Idle 08 Feb 2018

Nice one Harold,nice route bolting spot on.

I got back there again today (earlier than expected) and fixed the mistakes from Wednesday. On the routes mentioned, each lower off now has two properly equipped lower off bolts, each of which has an SS hanger, maillon and ring.

In reply to gisajob:

> Nice route bolting spot on.

Thanks, nice to hear that you enjoyed them. I do them for my own benefit (e.g. I expect last years routes on Tyddyn Hywel will get few, if any, repeats despite their quality) but it is a welcome bonus when others do them and like them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...