UKC

Mods in North Wales?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Connolly8684 12 Jan 2018

Can you recommend any real easy rock routes Mod to easy Diff that I can have a go at in winter boots?

Looking to practice some footwork skills and moving together.

Thanks in advance,

Christian.

Iain Thow 12 Jan 2018
In reply to Connolly8684:

Cneifion Arete, Clogwyn Y Person Arete (without the Nose start), The Ridge on the Carnedd y Filiast Slabs and Dolmen Ridge on Glyder Fach spring to mind. All are around the grey area where scrambling shades into "proper" rock climbing and have something of an alpine feel about them.

oldie 12 Jan 2018

Ordinary Route, Idwal Slabs. Rowan Tree Route, Pulpit Route (Milestone). Little Tryfan. First Pinnacle Rib (without Yellow Slab), and North Buttress (E Face Tryfan). Couple of easier slab routes in centre of Gribin Facet (names escape me).  Also going up and down descent routes eg Dinas Mot Nose. Also classic scrambles probably now regarded as Mod eg a gully (or perhaps Parson's Nose) then Clogwyn y Person ridge. Some of these may have been affected by grade creep upwards over the years. Perhaps only part of above suitable for practising moving together. 

ianstevens 12 Jan 2018
In reply to oldie:

Going up the descent routes on Dinas Mot is a terrible idea. They are either wet or loose, and/or you'll get abseiled on.

oldie 12 Jan 2018

Also Slanting Buttress Ridge Route, Lliwedd.

ianstevens makes good point about Mot descent routes so only on a non-busy day (can't remember them being particularly loose but haven't been there for a long time).

OP Connolly8684 12 Jan 2018
In reply to Iain Thow:

Nice one thanks, haven't been on the Carnedd y Filiast Slabs before, they look pretty good. Plans for Sunday sorted! Cheers.

OP Connolly8684 12 Jan 2018
In reply to oldie:

How did I not find this! I must have gone past this hundreds of times. Cheers! Hopefully a dusting of snow will cover it in coming weeks.

Thanks all.

oldie 12 Jan 2018

>How did I not find this! .....! Hopefully a dusting of snow will cover it in coming weeks.<

Have a good time.

Not quite sure which particular route you're referring to but Slanting Buttress would probably be the most serious with a bit of snow (think I've done all the rest under such conditions).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...