UKC

Moonraker Helmet cam

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stanners 30 Oct 2012
Got up Mooraker today WHAT A ROUTE! Heres a short edit of our adventure, all shot on my go pro hd hero 2. Enjoy...
Get down here and do it, worth travelling across the country for even if the film doesn't suggest so!

vimeo.com/52489663
 TMM 31 Oct 2012
In reply to Stanners:

Great day out! I think the greasy traverse to the belay is actually more intimadating than route itself. I guess it depends on the weather and tide.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves.
OP Stanners 31 Oct 2012
In reply to TMM:
cheers, we certainly did enjoy it. Traverse in is certainly the psychological crux. Feels committing and scary :P
 Tom Last 31 Oct 2012
In reply to Stanners:
> (In reply to TMM)
> cheers, we certainly did enjoy it. Traverse in is certainly the psychological crux. Feels committing and scary :P

I actually fell in on that bid (was doing MMT thankfully not Moonraker). I remember steep rock and soaking wet sidepulls. I like to think I got it at a bad tide, but probably not!
 TMM 31 Oct 2012
In reply to Southern Man:

Glad to hear it wasn't just me then!!

The Great Cave experience is very intimidating even if you've been on sea cliffs before. The traverse in feels very irreversible for punter like myself when you know that the easiest way out is via 3* HVS. Good sport.
OP Stanners 31 Oct 2012
In reply to Southern Man:
Fell in!?!? Christ that must have been grim. Fair play.
 Rollo 31 Oct 2012
In reply to Stanners: Ha ha!

Love this climb, we got half-way round the traverse and then bailed. We realised we had mis-read the tides, waited an hour and a half and then knocked the thing off. Superb
 Dave 88 31 Oct 2012
In reply to Stanners:

Quality vid mate. How long did the route take you?
 Tom Last 31 Oct 2012
In reply to Stanners:

Yeah it was proper minging. Intimidating place, but yeah great in every sense
OP Stanners 31 Oct 2012
In reply to Dave 88:
cheers Dave, managed it in just over 2 hours which for me is a personal speed record.
 The Pylon King 31 Oct 2012
In reply to Stanners:
> (In reply to Dave 88)
> cheers Dave, managed it in just over 2 hours which for me is a personal speed record.

er... youve only done it once!
OP Stanners 31 Oct 2012
In reply to Mr Mark Stephen Davies:
For climbing in general. We predicted we would take at least double that!
 Kafoozalem 31 Oct 2012
In reply to Stanners:

Nice one - some excellent editing and interesting shots. I even liked the music.
 deepstar 31 Oct 2012
In reply to Stanners: Excellent video,I think you should have knocked that rusty peg out and brought it back to Sandford,I know a few spots there it would fit nicely!
OP Stanners 31 Oct 2012
In reply to Kafoozalem & Deppstar:
Thanks guys, really enjoyed putting it together. That peg is well and truly knackered :P ...so yea I think Sandford would make it a nice retirement home
 ChrisJD 01 Nov 2012
In reply to Stanners:

Most climbing headcam footage gets very tedious very quickly.

You've kept it interesting with the fast cuts and short run time.

Enjoyed watching it. Keep it up.
OP Stanners 01 Nov 2012
In reply to ChrisJD:
Cheers Chris, appreciate that
 Jack_F 03 Nov 2012
In reply to Stanners: As I bricked I traving that bit, my second a gnarley multipitch crusher suggest that I swim it instead of being a pussy
 Rory Shaw 03 Nov 2012
I'm trying to sell my gopro if anyone wants one?
 Ciderslider 03 Nov 2012
In reply to Stanners: Really enjoyed the Stanage 2012 vid - looks like a good laugh
OP Stanners 04 Nov 2012
In reply to Ciderslider:
thanks It certainly was a pretty dam good week.
 Jonathan Emett 04 Nov 2012
In reply to Stanners:
good vid, thanks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...