UKC

Most popular route - Nea

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Phil Lyon 10 Aug 2019

Nea (VS 4b)

I thought it was busy the day we went, but in April it looks like 77 people climbed it in one day!

FactorXXX 10 Aug 2019
In reply to Phil Lyon:

> I thought it was busy the day we went, but in April it looks like 77 people climbed it in one day!

Even more bizarrely, it looks like most of those were done by one person: Hidden. Maybe they were training for Yosemite?

petegunn 10 Aug 2019
In reply to Phil Lyon:

See this quite a lot where impatience waiting for the page to load = ticking the same route lots of times.  77 must be a record though! Do people not check their log pages?

Post edited at 20:29
OP Phil Lyon 10 Aug 2019
In reply to petegunn:

I wonder if anyone could climb it 77 times in a day, there's a challenge. 

Darron 10 Aug 2019
In reply to Phil Lyon:

Nea was the route I remember first queuing on. This was in the mid 70’s. Even more amazing (to me at that time) was that there was an all female team there too.

Post edited at 23:41
 Tom Valentine 11 Aug 2019
In reply to Darron:

Well it is a woman's route.

overdrawnboy 11 Aug 2019
In reply to Phil Lyon:

I nearly got lynched on Nea one August Bank holiday many years ago.

After climbing Spectre (I think) with a veteran friend of mine I enquired the best way off the crag to be told "Oh I always used to solo down Nea"  OK I thought and before I could untie and coil the ropes he'd shot off down the crag still tied onto double 50 metre ropes,I eventually followed when most of the rope had run out to be confronted by hordes of increasingly pissed off people as I unthreaded my way through their gear trying to concentrate on not being punched and dealing with the weight of the ropes hanging off my waist. Arrived on the ground in some state of stress and complained indignantly about never having been called a "t#at, ##nt or ##rsehole" so often in less than half an hour to be told it would be  great experience should I ever do the Matterhorn on a busy day!

Ann S 11 Aug 2019
In reply to overdrawnboy:

Thats hilarious. You have a gift for comic writing.

profitofdoom 11 Aug 2019
In reply to Phil Lyon:

> I wonder if anyone could climb it 77 times in a day, there's a challenge. 

Nea (VS 4b) 77 times in a day would be 18,900 feet of climbing, quite a feat.....

In reply to Phil Lyon:

That Hidden guys logbook is pretty messed up. There's hundreds of duplicates. Not quite sure how he managed to do that but we'll sort it out next week.

Cheers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...