UKC

Mountain training dlog

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mical 24 Apr 2022

Is it me or is trying to upload the UKC logbook to Dlog as bloody difficult as I am finding it. It only accepts a certain file and when accepted half the climbs are missing.

Is it really needed for the RCI course.

jezb1 24 Apr 2022
In reply to Mical:

This is the wording:

"You must have an up to date logbook (preferably DLOG) with evidence of the following:"

So no you don't need to use Dlog but the course director will need to see some form of logged experience. Personally I don't mind a UKC logbook link, you can put this under the files tab of you Candidate Management System.

pebbles 24 Apr 2022
In reply to Mical:

One other thing to beware of is that if you didnt put a style of ascent on the climb in your ukc log, the transfer process defaults it to "instructor" in your dlog, which is a bit potentially embarrasing. I ended up having to do a filter on "instructor" and edit them all by hand.

OP Mical 24 Apr 2022
In reply to jezb1:

Hi Jez how do you go about linking it

Paul at work 24 Apr 2022
In reply to Mical:

You could also put the downloaded Excel file into the Files Section of the Dlog.

OP Mical 24 Apr 2022
In reply to Paul at work:

It won't accept it🤔

Neil Williams 24 Apr 2022
In reply to Mical:

DLOG is absolute crap.

One thing you could do is prepare it in Excel and attach it to DLOG, I'm fairly sure I did that for my CWA training way back when.

If it won't take XLS perhaps save as PDF.  I've not used the awful thing for ages so I can't remember.

Post edited at 23:20
 jezb1 24 Apr 2022
In reply to Mical:

There’s a spot where you can just enter free text, under the files tab, just copy and paste a link there.

OP Mical 24 Apr 2022
In reply to jezb1:

Thanks Jezz it's gone through. What a strange system.😀😀😀😀😀

duchessofmalfi 25 Apr 2022
In reply to Mical:

The dlog is shockingly bad.

I submitted a pdf copy of my logbook and an upload of my UKC log.  Where the dlog couldn't cope I just ignored it. Unless you're at the lower limit of what is required I don't think it matters - the assessors know the dlog is crap (they've had to use it after all).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...