UKC

Northern Rock

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

The mighty tome arrived today, my postie looked mightily relieved to get it out of her post-bag. Given the areas covered and number of routes it is, surprisingly, not as big as the legendary 'Lancashire Brick 'guide. What a cracking book; a big thanks to all the authors, to Editor Will Hunt who pulled them together, and to Pete Sterling and Don Sergeant who turn a load of text, maps and photos into the final visually outstanding book. Hopefully this showcase will open eyes to the incredible climbing riches beyond the well known honeypot crags of the areas.

In reply to Trevor Langhorne:

I am a 'Nam veteran and I still suffer ptsd. P522

Will Hunt 05 May 2022

Thanks for the kind words, Trevor. It was a big team effort with over 100 people contributing in some way. A big thanks to everyone who got stuck in.

It's been lovely to receive so much positive feedback from those who've already got the book. For anyone who wants to get a copy the book is now in stock at good independent retailers (V12 Outdoors, Needle Sports etc), or you can order direct from the Wired website (wired-guides.com).

Post edited at 17:01
 Rog Wilko 06 May 2022

I’ve just googled Northern Rock review, but it only came up with stuff about the ill-fated building society whose collapse started the 2008 financial crisis

Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 06 May 2022
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I've just written a quick review/comment:

"A massive achievement that took about 6 years of effort by a lot of local volunteers to create this modern, very well produced rock climbing guide. These 600 pages are crammed with classic climbs across the full grade range..."

https://climbonline.co.uk/2022/05/06/northern-rock/

Rog Wilko 06 May 2022
In reply to Steve Crowe:

Thanks. Am I right in assuming this is a selected guide along the lines of the Lakes selected guide?

Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 06 May 2022
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I’ve updated my page to state that:

Northern Rock is a selected rock climbing guide to Northumberland, Lancashire, Yorkshire Dales and the North York Moors

Mick Ward 06 May 2022
In reply to Steve Crowe:

I love the 'impressive tomb'. Only teasing! 

Congratulations to all involved. Can't begin to imagine the hard work, dedication and love that will have gone into this. 

Mick 

DenzelLN 08 May 2022
In reply to Rog Wilko:

> I’ve just googled Northern Rock review, but it only came up with stuff about the ill-fated building society whose collapse started the 2008 financial crisis

No it didn't.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...