UKC

Parkhouse Pinnacle

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 G. Tiger, Esq. 16 Apr 2021

Hi all,

Has anyone here climbed this? I assume yes, but would like to hear experiences.

I climbed it today, glanced at the guidebook, tackled it direct from the road. Got a bit scared, traversed and downclimbed, found I better line on cleaner rock and got to the top.

Looking at descriptions online, everywhere seems to say climb round the back and ascend from the col.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this... Basically a triumph of enthusiasm over common sense. Anyone else as idiotic as me?

GTE

Botion 17 Apr 2021
In reply to G. Tiger, Esq.:

Hello.

I climbed it a few times in my early twenties, taking a direct line from the road on mixed rock and grass. The slab at the top is quite scary! 

In terms of difficulty, I found it similar to the gully on Back Tor (in summer conditions), both being on the harder end of mixed grass/rock scrambling.

Silly, scary, but also strangely fun. 

Prof. Outdoors 17 Apr 2021

Only in winter, taken slightly right of centre as you look at it from the road. 

Kirstin 30 Apr 2021

Yes. Did this today. Scrambles in the Dark Peak only says "which could be included by keener types, although it is quite steep". I just assumed it was grade 1 - which is probably the reason I managed it. With hindsight I'm wondering if it was a somewhat higher grade than that...!

Post edited at 22:06

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...