UKC

Pillar Drying Time

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alpenglow 17 Apr 2019

Is Pillar likely to be dry on Friday?

Tuesday - bit of rain

Wednesday - dry

Thursday - dry

Mark Eddy 17 Apr 2019
In reply to Alpenglow:

Quite likely to be dry I would think. Also likely to be cold up there out of the sun

In reply to Mark Eddy:

Really?? I would have thought it was nailed on to be gopping wet; in my experience nothing short of a fortnight-long heatwave would suffice. Still, I’ve only been once, so I’m not the best person to listen to.

jcm

tmawer 18 Apr 2019
In reply to Alpenglow:

Perhaps phone or email Needle Sports in Keswick. Steven Reed, the owner, probably knows the place better than anyone. 

Simon Caldwell 18 Apr 2019
In reply to Alpenglow:

Depends on the route. IME things like New West will be dry after only a day or so. North Climb was damp when we did it after a week or so without rain (though dry at the hard bit).

In reply to Alpenglow:

Pillar is so much of a mid-summer place because of the long walk-in. Ideally, bivvy/lightweight camp nearby (there's a wonderful grassy spur/terrace jutting out over Ennerdale, down on the right just before you get to it from Wasdale) and stay for a couple of days. Also, absolute waste of time unless it's very good weather and has been dry for many days.

Post edited at 13:45
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

Was up and around there today (not climbing). Bone dry. Team having a great day on Grooved Wall. Should be great this weekend and into next week.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...