UKC

Pooing Out of the Woods

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SteveSBlake 20 Aug 2018

Visited Kyloe Out today  and encountered two barley concealed, fresh dumps at the base of Twin Cracks Buttress...…… Inconsiderate, selfish and stupid behaviour.  If you must go, at least have the decency to get away from the crag. Better still if you're in the habit of  pooing in the vicinity of crags, do everyone a favour,  take a dog poo bag and pack it out.  Two large and somewhat out of place rocks cover the poo now, best not to move them for several months.

Pay Attention 20 Aug 2018
In reply to SteveSBlake:

Many Alpine ledges seem to be repositories for unpleasant deposits.  

Kyloe maybe seemed a bit more alpine today?

TMM 20 Aug 2018
In reply to SteveSBlake:

> Visited Kyloe Out today  and encountered two barley concealed, fresh dumps at the base of Twin Cracks Buttress...…… 

Perhaps the perpetrators were wheat intolerant?

TMM 20 Aug 2018
In reply to SteveSBlake:

Sorry Steve, I just noticed it was spelt incorrectly

> Visited Kyloe Out today  and encountered two barley concealed, fresh dumps at the base of Twin Cracks Buttress...…… 

Olaf Prot 20 Aug 2018
In reply to TMM:

They probably had such a bulgur in their pants they couldn't hold it in any longer

McHeath 20 Aug 2018
In reply to SteveSBlake:

Twin Cracks Buttress is hilariously appropriate!

IainWhitehouse 20 Aug 2018
In reply to TMM:

Surprised this only got two likes when your first post got twelve. UKCers not know their grains or just not got the patience for the whole kamut of options?

> Sorry Steve, I just noticed it was spelt incorrectly

Bulls Crack 20 Aug 2018
In reply to SteveSBlake:

Could be monks living there? 

John Kelly 20 Aug 2018
In reply to SteveSBlake:

Just come back from Corsica, the Corsicans seem to pick a bush or thicket at the beginning of a walk and everyone uses that as the toilet, there is a little toilet roll involved. There is no other litter, anywhere. At first I found the toilet arrangements odd but there is no plastic, it's all biodegradable, unobtrusive, no buildings, no water treatment, smells no worse than most public toilets , I began to warm to their system, apart from the ' designated ' area, the country is spotless.

Andy Gamisou 21 Aug 2018
In reply to SteveSBlake:

>> Visited Kyloe Out today  and encountered two barley concealed, fresh dumps at the base of Twin Cracks Buttress...……

Better out than in

Post edited at 06:22
 TMM 21 Aug 2018
In reply to SteveSBlake:

Perhaps we should take it easier on the two protagonists.

It would appear that that were just seeking to improve their power to weight ratio. I’m all for climbers seeking to make marginal grains.

MischaHY 21 Aug 2018
In reply to SteveSBlake:

I was hoping to make a grain joke but I'm all oat of ideas  

MischaHY 21 Aug 2018
In reply to TMM:

These two forward thinkers should get themselves to North Wales and test themselves on the Ryeolite  

summo 21 Aug 2018
In reply to SteveSBlake:

One dump would barley make any difference to your power to weight ratio. 

Robert Durran 21 Aug 2018
In reply to summo:

> One dump would barley make any difference to your power to weight ratio.

It's all about marginal gains though. Doesn't everyone take a dump before a hard send?

In reply to SteveSBlake:

I’m amaized that this sort of behaviour still goes on. Wheat were they thinking? If I’d found this I’d have been hop-ping mad.

summo 21 Aug 2018
In reply to Robert Durran:

> It's all about marginal gains though. Doesn't everyone take a dump before a hard send?

Of course. Marginal grains are key to success.  

mick taylor 21 Aug 2018
In reply to SteveSBlake:

But what have they done on grits?

aln 21 Aug 2018
In reply to SteveSBlake:

These grain based puns are corny.

mick taylor 21 Aug 2018
In reply to SteveSBlake:

Reckon its the same person that keeps doing all the fresh dumps - a cereal poo-er

In reply to SteveSBlake:

Funnily enough I had a similar notice regarding faeces at Raven Tor, which is all the more amazing given its location 2 minutes from a toilet block.

Maybe it's time for me to dust off the Respect the Rock campaign, although I'm not sure who'd want to star in the photoshoot for this particular article - or send in pics of their findings?!

Jokes aside, it sounds like it needs to be written...

OP SteveSBlake 21 Aug 2018
In reply to SteveSBlake:

Thank you all for your contributions - my error is noted for posteriority...…..

Steve

TMM 21 Aug 2018
In reply to SteveSBlake:

> Thank you all for your contributions - my error is noted for posteriority...…..

> Steve

Well done Steve!

At the very least all these grain related puns have ensured your thread yielded a greater number of viewers.

Hopefully they will have been able to separate the wheat from the chaff...

HeMa 21 Aug 2018
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Perhaps borrowing these vids from Access Fund might prove helpful/fun.
vimeo.com/48602837
vimeo.com/48602840
vimeo.com/48602838
vimeo.com/48602839
vimeo.com/48603987 (Poo)
vimeo.com/70302599

Dell 21 Aug 2018
In reply to SteveSBlake:

Don't be quick to judge, the poo'er may have a lentil illness. 

Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 21 Aug 2018
In reply to SteveSBlake:

I was going to implicate Poo Bear but I have just discovered that he is now a famous record producer so it’s unlikely that he was wandering in The Woods.

BrendanO 22 Aug 2018
In reply to SteveSBlake:

Yep, poo bag is the way to go. Having carried a plastic trowel and toilet paper (sorry!) in a plastic bag for years, I have only ever used the bag (and tp), dumped in it, and carried it out to nearest bin. Friends in need have borrowed my kit, but ended up doing same. As dog poo bags become the norm, this shouldn't be a ...sticky subject.

or we could start a smear campaign against those we find responsible!,

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...