UKC

Rainbow of Recalcitrance

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MischaHY 04 Jul 2018

Could someone local to the slate possibly tell me if The Rainbow of Recalcitrance (E6 6b) is currently dry on the second pitch?

I'll be in the UK for a few days from Saturday and wondering if I can risk getting psyched... Obviously don't want to do half the job. 

Post edited at 13:03
 Red Rover 04 Jul 2018
In reply to MischaHY:

I don't know anything about that bit of rock but I imagine everything in the UK is dry as we've in the middle of a massive heatwave with no proper rain for weeks. In fact the slab could be really hot so you might want an alpine start or do it at night. 

OP MischaHY 04 Jul 2018
In reply to Red Rover:

> I don't know anything about that bit of rock but I imagine everything in the UK is dry as we've in the middle of a massive heatwave with no proper rain for weeks. In fact the slab could be really hot so you might want an alpine start or do it at night. 

RoR P2 is often consumed within a waterfall that runs down the right hand side of the slab - I agree that high temps wouldn't be ideal though! That said, it's crimpy English 6b and supposedly positive - shouldn't be too much of a deal. Early start might be a shout though! 

Sl@te Head 04 Jul 2018
In reply to MischaHY:

I was over in that area yesterday and can confirm that it's totally dry

Tyler 04 Jul 2018
In reply to MischaHY:

>  That said, it's crimpy English 6b and supposedly positive - shouldn't be too much of a deal.

Let us know how you get on. 

OP MischaHY 04 Jul 2018
In reply to Tyler:

> Let us know how you get on. 

Just to clarify I was referring to the temps there - not the difficulty! I've had good experiences with warm slate in the past hence the (perhaps inadvisable) confidence... But we'll see! Had it on the wishlist for around three years now ever since I did Poetry Pink so it'd be nice to have a proper go. Routes like this deserve a decent onsight attempt! 

OP MischaHY 04 Jul 2018
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Cheers Alan, good to know! 

OP MischaHY 04 Jul 2018
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Cheers Ian, I assumed you'd have something to say on the subject. Fingers crossed it stays that way... 

In reply to Red Rover:

Raining in parts of Wales today...

Oops... My weather reports may be mislocated; my correspondent may not be in his usual location...

Post edited at 15:48

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...