UKC

Rocks dug up and thrown - High Tor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wilkie14c 30 May 2023

latest throwing incident although, it isn’t known for sure if the rocks dug up were actually thrown over the edge. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-65758808

In reply to wilkie14c:

Bit weird, as it seems a lot of effort to go to to dig up rocks. Most mindless vandals chucking rocks probably wouldn't expend the effort to dig the rocks up. Unless there is some other reason for the digging.

McHeath 30 May 2023
In reply to wilkie14c:

Had to laugh at the combination of the photo and "Derbyshire beauty spot". Yeah sure, the summit of Fin Cop or the glories of the Eastern Grit landscape are nowt compared to sitting high above the stinking A6 staring down at magnificent Matlock.

"The rocks may have been thrown down" ... real scoop for the BBC!

Post edited at 23:33
 Tony Buckley 31 May 2023
In reply to McHeath:

> "The rocks may have been thrown down" ... real scoop for the BBC!

The BBC is a big organisation.  Do you mean test match special?  Children's programming?  Or, more appropriately, the long-running Radio Four show I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue?

I'm not and never have been employed by the BBC but I do know that it's a big place.  If you mean BBC news, say so.  If you mean BBC East Midlands, say so.  If you just want to jump on a 'Let's criticise the BBC' bandwagon, say that too.

Criticising 'the BBC' is to aim at so diffuse a target it's like shooting fog.

T.

McHeath 31 May 2023
In reply to Tony Buckley:

Oops

So you like the photo?

Post edited at 00:25
OP wilkie14c 31 May 2023
In reply to captain paranoia:

I think all the loose stones have long since been chucked over the edge by the victorians. Been years since I was up there, will have to go up again and I live less than 10 miles from it, no excuse really.

Note on the reporting, I suspect the story was reported locally and then picked up by the BBC for their regional stories. 

In reply to Tony Buckley:

> If you mean BBC news, say so.  

Well, since the story is reported in the BBC News web pages, I guess it is fair to aim any criticism at BBC News...

In reply to captain paranoia:

> Unless there is some other reason for the digging.

Yes, perhaps a team of archaeologists thought they were unearthing an as yet undiscovered pristine Roman villa complex

magma 31 May 2023
In reply to Wide_Mouth_Frog:

detectorists was my first thought..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...