UKC

Scafell - Central Buttress - condition

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Hillseeker 06 Sep 2012
Is this route likely to be in reasonable nick this weekend (Sunday?) given the summer we've had and the bits of drizzle forecast for Friday and Saturday? Basing my hopes of dry rock on the little indian summer we're having!
Any info much appreciated.
 Calder 06 Sep 2012
In reply to toasted:

Can I hijack this for thoughts on Neckband, too?

Although I'm not overly optimistic because the Met, BBC, and XCWeather are all saying very different things at the mo......
 jonny taylor 06 Sep 2012
In reply to toasted:
Somebody may be along with more specific info on current conditions, but I'd have thought it would be fine. The top pitch and the ?2nd pitch have damp areas on them, but that needn't be a problem. The crux pitch, being a free-standing flake, takes no drainage.
 Harry Ellis 06 Sep 2012
In reply to toasted: It will be dry enough assuming it doesnt rain before then, but it will be a bit chilly i think.
Wrap up warm!
HTH
OP Hillseeker 06 Sep 2012
In reply to thegoatstroker:
Ok, it sounds like it could be time to bring the long johns into service.
 Wesley Orvis 06 Sep 2012
In reply to toasted:

Been out scrambling the last two nights around Consiston area, only low down, but did not come across any wet rock whatsoever, even the boggy areas are fairly walkable.
 3leggeddog 06 Sep 2012
In reply to toasted:
Raining in west lakes since 4pm, Sorry to piss on your chips
 Simon Caldwell 06 Sep 2012
In reply to 3leggeddog:
and due to rain for much of tomorrow through to Saturday morning
 Harry Ellis 06 Sep 2012
In reply to toasted: So much for the Indian summer!
OP Hillseeker 06 Sep 2012
In reply to thegoatstroker:
Well, fingers crossed for Sunday. Also have a mission to complete - the place where the chockstone used to be needs to be measured so that a replica can be constructed for a reconstruction event celebrating the centenary of this route by Herford and Sansom!
 Harry Ellis 06 Sep 2012
In reply to toasted: Cool! Never fancied that traverse onto the flake. Be sure to wedge it in well for me!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...