UKC

Sergeant Crag Slabs - conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andysomething 17 Jul 2017
Thinking about a visit this week - possibly tomorrow or Wednesday. If anybody has been over the weekend - what were conditions like - any seepage? Midges?
Cheers
Andy
 pec 17 Jul 2017
In reply to Andysomething:

I was there a week gone Sunday, i.e. 8 days ago so not bang up to date.
It was dry enough that even after rain the previous day it was still climbable and continued to dry up quite a lot during the time we were there so its quite fast drying at this time of year.

I know there has been more rain last week, epecially Saturday but yesterday was warm and windy which helps a lot. I was at White Ghyll yesterday, much of it was wet when we arrived and most of it had dried up before we left because of the warmth and wind.

Todays forecast is warm and dry so it should be ok if the forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday is dry.

BTW, everything left of Aphasia is clean (except the very top of Revelation but its easy enough to finish up Endurance). Everything to the right of Aphasia looked vegetated to some degree but I didn't look too closely, Holly Tree Crack in particular is totally overgrown in its lower part.
 Jon Stewart 17 Jul 2017

It'll be clean and dry on the popular routes. The unpopular routes are overgrown. There will be midges if there is no breeze.

HTH!
 Skyfall 17 Jul 2017

It's absolutely baking here in the Lakes today. It should be perfect tomorrow (Tuesday). Rain forecast Wednesday. Get in quick !
OP Andysomething 17 Jul 2017
In reply to Skyfall:

Thanks everyone for this really useful info much appreciated

Andy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...