UKC

Soup

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tank 04 Sep 2021

Give me some soup recommendations. I see Ondra nails the soup before every climb and I'd like to be as good as him and Scott The Flash Johnson who also has tinned soup before climbs.

Thanks in advance.

broken spectre 04 Sep 2021
In reply to Tank:

Borscht? 😉

Dave Cundy 04 Sep 2021
In reply to Tank:

Based on the evidence from the Olympics, Ondra's soup clearly doesn't hit the spot any more.  I wonder what the spanish chap (who won) has before a climb.  A pint of Thatchers Gold, perhaps?

AtLargesse 04 Sep 2021
In reply to Tank:

I’m a huge fan of a mix of veggie bouillon (I don’t live in the uk but I swear the best i have ever found is from tesco “organic Swiss vegetable”), a chopped up seaweed wrapper, and some pieces of dehydrated soy protein, which rehydrate well in of course.  I make it and put it into the tin directly, it stays very very hot, and I top up the cup with cold water at the cliff. I’m too impatient to wait for carrots or onions, but if I happen to have a boiled potato in the fridge I add that too. With the base of bouillon and soya you can add pretty much anything. And now I’m hungry. 

subtle 04 Sep 2021
In reply to Tank:

Cannae beat some Cullen Skink - a bowl of that will keep you going all afternoon and evening 

Babika 04 Sep 2021
In reply to Tank:

I'm a bit of a homemade leek and potato fan. 

Make big pots of the stuff and it always seems to disappear 

Kevster 04 Sep 2021
In reply to Tank:

Cawl. A meal in a soup. 

I believe there's a cezch soup called bombarova. Basically it's potato soup in a loaf of bread. Maybe that's Adams choice? I enjoyed it when I had it. 

Very similar format to soup and bread in South Africa from the kebab shop wagon late at night. Mmm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...