UKC

Spring Clean-up Pex Hill

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pekkie 22 Mar 2018

Pex Hill Quarry Friends of Pex Hill are holding a Spring Clean-up day this Saturday 24th March 2018, starting at 10 am. All welcome! Further info about Friends of Pex on our Facebook page.

Bone Idle 22 Mar 2018
In reply to Pekkie:

Hi ,pete would be interested if this involved pollarding of trees, due to the lack of light ingress and the obvious consequences.Bri samo. 

OP Pekkie 23 Mar 2018
In reply to gisajob:

You’ve opened a can of beans there, Yosser! We have to follow a tricky path between some climbers who want to cut down all the trees and the ecologists who want to keep them. To be fair the ecologists want to keep oak trees which are the most valuable. As a compromise, on the clean-up day we we will identify branches which can be lopped by the Conservation Volunteers who are currently clearing the trees/gorse above the quarry to encourage heathland. If only life was simple...

steveriley 23 Mar 2018
In reply to Pekkie:

Good luck, sorry I can't make this one. For anyone local and wavering, the last one was rewarding and good fun. And there was beer

Bone Idle 23 Mar 2018
In reply to Pekkie:

Yer... i guessed that pete, partial  to a bit of oak myself especially when it's burning on the log fire.Only joking tree -huggers.

AP Melbourne 24 Mar 2018
In reply to Pekkie:

> Pex Hill Quarry Friends of Pex Hill are holding a Spring Clean-up day this Saturday 24th March 2018, starting at 10 am. All welcome!

Good effort Pekkie. Of course Id've assisted as that's where I learned about footwork from Mike Owen 'cept I had to wash my hair on Saturday 24th and am 12,000 miles away anyway. Seem to vaguely recall dimping out a ciggie under Hart's Arete back in the early eighties and pokin' it into a little hole at the start. If its still there can you send it back please - I reckon there were at least two drags left in it.

Ta,

AP.

lancsmike 25 Mar 2018
In reply to Pekkie:

Good to see you yesterday Pete, the place looks clean and quite open now. Sorry we were a bit late in the day but Mark and I cleaned up bits of grass and clumps of stuff around  'web'  area and  we cleaned up and got rid of some moss on lower parts of rock from The Web  to Unicorn  area, looks better and should dry well. Cheers to you and all that helped.

OP Pekkie 25 Mar 2018
In reply to AP Melbourne:

Call that an excuse, living 12,000 miles away? I’m afraid the binjer’s gone, mate. By the way, loved your autobiography ‘Men in Pink Tights’.

AP Melbourne 26 Mar 2018
In reply to Pekkie:

> Call that an excuse, living 12,000 miles away? I’m afraid the binjer’s gone, mate. By the way, loved your autobiography ‘Men in Pink Tights’.

Ta Pekkie, so glad you enjoyed me book - that makes three of you now by my count.

Effort at Pex. Thumb's definitely pointing upwards mate.

PaulTanton 26 Mar 2018

Washing your hair? 12K miles away? Poor excuse 

OP Pekkie 26 Mar 2018

I enjoyed your book so much I put the link on the Friends of Pex Facebook page and put a five star review on Amazon. The going rate for such arse-licking sycophancy is £200 plus VAT. You can pay by PayPal to be (relatively) safe from scams in this age of internet insecurity.

Mick Ward 27 Mar 2018
In reply to Pekkie:

Good effort, Pete, but you've still got a way to go. Back in the late 1970s, in Private Eye, there was an account of the same review, word for word, in two markedly different venues. I couldn't believe in such dastardly goings-on (naïve, moi?) so duly checked (used to read every literary magazine around, back then - sad or what!)  And sure enough...  

Mick

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...