UKC

Stone Farm burnt out motorbike - rock damage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 street_alex 18 Sep 2020

Sad to report this.

I came across a motorbike that had been torched at Stone Farm. Damage to surrounding rock.

I have sent photos to the BMC south east rep. I don’t think I can share photos via UKC (supporter feature?) but you may be able to see via this iCloud link.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0CdzwNzpS-vsXRCzSgHXJ0i7Q

Trangia 18 Sep 2020
In reply to street_alex:

That's sad. There are some scumbags around these days.

You say surrounding rock is damaged. Has any damage occurred to actual climbs?

Hooo 18 Sep 2020
In reply to Trangia:

It's been there a couple of weeks now. I'm pretty sure the police have been notified.

It's at the bottom of Control. It doesn't look like it's damaged any of the routes, just the boulder.

Donotello 18 Sep 2020
In reply to street_alex:

Reminds me of the time I had to move a bmx from a climb at sea walls in the Avon gorge that had clearly come from the top. 

Im jealous it’s a rare enough occasion you needed to post it on here, try climbing Bristol city crags. We used detritus and graffiti to help us identify routes. ‘Starts at the large swastika 3 metres left of the upturned fiesta’ 

OP street_alex 19 Sep 2020
In reply to Trangia:

Not that I could see, just the boulder, as Hooo says. Had some likely lads hassle me down there before. They threw a glass bottle down the crag but usually no trouble down there, it helps that it’s fairly remote. 

Daimon - Rockfax Global Crag Moderator 21 Sep 2020
In reply to street_alex:

Hi

The bike was found a week or so ago, and has been reported to the police and the BMC are aware. 

You can post photos if you are a ukc supporter. 
cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...