UKC

surprised this hasnt been a news item......

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Scott Quinn 13 Jun 2018

Nice to see new routes in the lakes actually being recorded.

Annoying when new routes are done, but no real details ever come out of them.

*Must be getting old & grumpy

https://www.frcc.co.uk/routes/blood-eagle/

Jon Stewart 13 Jun 2018
In reply to Scott Quinn:

Good post! I saw a rope up there last year and folk on here were asking what was being worked... Saw on Facebook TV that this is what was going on, great to hear.

Yesterday I was at hodge close and someone (not hard to guess) was DWSing - wondered if this was another new route. Haven't got a topo of hodge so couldn't identify if it was an existing route.

In reply to Jon Stewart:

Congratulations to Adam on the new line. 

I saw something on Neil Gresham's facebook saying he'd put up a whole bunch of new DWS lines at Hodge Close so could have been him? 

tmawer 13 Jun 2018
In reply to Scott Quinn:

I was up there a couple of weeks ago looking at the gear swaying gently in the breeze and thinking how hard and scary the climbing above the last gear looked....I doubt you'll need to que!

Well done Adam.

In reply to Scott Quinn:

Funnily enough I messaged Natalie about this last night

Hopefully Hock (world's strongest man) will get back with a bit more info on the line. He's still bloody got it hasn't he?!?

p.s. looks like you had a good time down in the South West, you certainly had the weather for it!

Post edited at 09:04
OP Scott Quinn 13 Jun 2018
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Glad you're on the ball Rob!

Would be great to read a bit more about it, a lot of "new" rock on that section of crag.....

& Yeh we had a class week, I see you did Day Tripper at Lands End down there too what a route!

OP Scott Quinn 13 Jun 2018
In reply to Samuel Wainwright:

Sounds about right, Gresham & Co have also bolted two new lines in Hodge supposedly around 7b/+

Details to follow?..........Maybe

Jon Stewart 13 Jun 2018
In reply to Samuel Wainwright:

> I saw something on Neil Gresham's facebook saying he'd put up a whole bunch of new DWS lines at Hodge Close so could have been him? 

It was him, yes. Thought it might have been a new route, it didn't look particularly easy

Bulls Crack 13 Jun 2018
In reply to Scott Quinn:

Eg 6c

A new grade! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...