UKC

Via Ferrata recommendations Malaga / Granada

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AdamBrown 06 Feb 2020

Hello hello, 

I'm planning to take a normal person holiday to the Granada and Malaga area with somebody who has never climbed. Of course, doing nothing climbing related while in the area would be madness so I'm planning to do perhaps one or two afternoons of light Via Ferrata with them.  I've seen a few good beginner routes, Moclin, and Cueva Hora, but I wanted to check if UKCers have any recommendations?

This has been useful in the search https://deandar.com/en/ferratas/zona/Andalucia/vf

Thanks!

Baz P 06 Feb 2020
In reply to AdamBrown:

At Comares there are three separate Ferrata on the same cliff all good fun and at least one ok for a complete beginner, all 2 minutes from the car park.

There is a lovely ferrata at Gaucin, the Castillo del Alguila. After a traverse this has a bridge and a zip wire linking two separate pinnacles from the main cliff which is the castle cliff and has great views. The zip is a bit quick on a pulley but should be ok on crabs  

The ferrata at Rhonda was very disappointing.

There is a ferrata at El Chorro near to the town but I haven’t done it. It is near to the end of the Camino del Rey which itself is worth doing although now it is very commercial.

There is also a three section ferrata at El Torcal national park.

OP AdamBrown 07 Feb 2020
In reply to Baz P:

Thanks. I did consider Torcal as well. I think the one in Chorro seems a little advanced from the videos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...