UKC

Whaley Moor Rocks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 yossarian714 28 Oct 2018

Today I visited the rocks behind Rocks Farm on Whaley Moor, between Disley and Whaley Bridge. I was pleasantly surprised by how much potential there is there for lower-grade bouldering. It's quite surprising that there's no crag page on here. I'm thinking of adding one.

I'm sure I can't be the first person who's climbed there, but does anyone know whether anything has previously been recorded?

Andy Hardy 28 Oct 2018
In reply to yossarian714:

Is it on CROW land?

P.s Didn't fancy Lawrencefield then?

OP yossarian714 28 Oct 2018
In reply to Andy Hardy:

Most of it's on CRoW land, yes.

I've been wanting to visit it for a while, ever since I spotted it on the way to Windgather a few months ago. Today seemed like an ideal opportunity. How was Lawrencefield?

Andy Hardy 29 Oct 2018

I didn't go either. (Proper nesh me)

marktrik 07 Nov 2018

I lice not to far from there and always driven past and thought about exploring up there. Looks like I may have to grab my matt and talk a look. 

OP yossarian714 20 Nov 2018
In reply to marktrik:

Do it! Here's the link: Black Rocks (I found the name on Google Maps - slightly confusing, but if that's what it's called...)

Post edited at 10:16
pasbury 20 Nov 2018

Nice one - looks good.

teapot 20 Nov 2018

I remember around 25 years ago seeing these on a map and heading up and taking a look. I must have found a different set of boulders, as they were much less extensive than the ones in the photos. Good effort on taking a propper look. I will definitely head up again and try to work out where I went wrong! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...