UKC

Whitewash - Strone Crag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Will 62 18 Jun 2017
Climbing at Strone Crag near Lochinver - drying out following a lot of rain. Set out to do Borderline (V Diff) but the entry to the 'shallow groove' directly above the start seemed uninviting with lots of wet moss. Opted for some obvious cracks just left of the groove. Are the cracks Whitewash? (Couldn't see any other obvious cracks per the route description but surely an HVS can't be easier than a V Diff.) Is the groove Borderline? Are the cracks something else? Am I just hopelessly messed up?
 IanMcC 19 Jun 2017
In reply to Will 62:
Sorry, I don't know.
But you got me thinking: with the exception of Corby's (Northumberland) are there any other roadside crags you go downhill to?
Post edited at 19:58
 Lemony 19 Jun 2017
In reply to IanMcC:

> But you got me thinking: with the exception of Corby's (Northumberland) are there any other roadside crags you go downhill to?

Shipley Glen

Captain Solo 19 Jun 2017
In reply to Will 62:
I was there for the first time in May and did some routes.
The furthest left route I did was Mossman which wasn't as dirty as it looked, it had been dry though.
I remember looking at Whitewash and it seemed obvious but not as good as routes further right.
According to guide Borderline is left of Whitewash.
I also did Pollan slab which felt very easy for the grade.
Don't know if any of this helps?
Capt.
pasbury 20 Jun 2017
In reply to IanMcC:

Burbage!
OP Will 62 20 Jun 2017
In reply to Captain Solo:

Thanks for the input. Mossman the crozzly groove rather than a 'runnel' 2m left of Pollan Slab? Need to go back and try a few more routes here - a nice spot.
 Andy Nisbet 21 Jun 2017
In reply to Will 62:

I wrote it up for the Northern Highlands North guide, and I did do most of the routes. Sorry too long ago to remember details, but the routes are very close to each other so maybe you got confused (that's no claim that the descriptions are the best).
 Bulls Crack 22 Jun 2017
In reply to IanMcC:

Heptonstall Quarry - if you park at the top!
 Simon Caldwell 22 Jun 2017
In reply to IanMcC:

Peak Scar
 johncook 22 Jun 2017
In reply to IanMcC:

Just about everything on Anglesey?
 scoobydougan 23 Jun 2017
In reply to IanMcC: Longridge

Chris Harris 23 Jun 2017
In reply to IanMcC:
Lower Pen Trwyn.

Cawdor.

Post edited at 13:05

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...