UKC

Wild camping - Morocco (Anti-atlas)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Hidden 15 Feb 2020

Does anyone have experience of camping on the North side of Jebel el Kest? I'm looking at areas near Upper Eagle and the Samazar valley.

All the accomodation is full when I plan to visit and I don't fancy going as far as Tafraout.

I've heard of the spot near the Flatiron but that's it!

Any recommendations appreciated.

Post edited at 23:41
OP Hidden 17 Feb 2020
In reply to Hidden:

Bump!

PaulTanton 17 Feb 2020
In reply to Hidden:

what accommodation have you tried? And when are you planning to go? 

Post edited at 14:11
 Strife 17 Feb 2020
In reply to Hidden:

I was there in Dec 2018 with a couple of friends. We slept rough for a lot of the trip - just open bivvies by the roadside, no tent required. The valleys are very quiet at night and we weren't ever disturbed.

Lizard Ollie 17 Feb 2020
In reply to Hidden:

We bivvied in the Samazar valley for a couple of nights, we had a nice spot near the start of Labyrinth Ridge (VS 5a) where there was a car parking spot at a sharp turn in the road. It was good access for the routes at  Aylim and Dragon Rock. Bit of a rough road in though, so make sure your hire car is up for it.

Just like Strife, we slept out for the majority of our trip and often just at the edge of roads without tents etc. We tried to stay away from towns and villages and did our best to be as discrete as possible.

Hope that helps,

Ollie

berthengron 17 Feb 2020
In reply to Lizard Ollie:

Road through Samazar no longer rough...

George_Surf 19 Feb 2020
In reply to Hidden:

we stayed in the van and tried to stay away from other houses / villages and it was fine. there is a guest house in ksar run by Mafhoud if you've not checked it too?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...