UKC

Anglesey Ultra Cancelled Sat 19th Jan and Helsby Half still on

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
On the off chance that anyone sees this before travelling over to Anglesey in the morning it's been cancelled.

Apparently its waist deep on top and all the course markers are buried. Information supplied by Delamere Spartans stranded in the bar there!

The Helsby Four Villages half marathon is still due to be run but the organisers will be looking at the course tomorrow and first thing on Sunday to judge suitability!

Race organiser Steve Riley states- Assumption is still 'yes'. Website update tonight and there'll be a course inspection tomorrow. If it's still a yes, there'll be another inspection Sunday morning. Might be worth thinking about trail shoes?

Please check the website for updates- http://www.helsbyrunningclub.org.uk/halfmarathon/

Dave D.
 Wonrek 18 Jan 2013
In reply to Dave Douglas: Awesome Walls: Assuming you're referring to the Endurancelife CTS race, nothing on either their website or FB page?
In reply to Wonrek:

That's one of the reasons I thought I'd post it here.

If you message me I'll give you the number of someone who's there or alternatively call the Trearddur Bay Hotel as I believe many competitors and the Endurancelife Team are staying there.

http://www.trearddurbayhotel.co.uk/stay.html

Just trying to help.

Dave D.
 Wonrek 18 Jan 2013
In reply to Dave Douglas: Awesome Walls: No good on you, it's just been posted on the FB page. Too late in my opinion but anyone with any common sense would have not risked the journey across anyway.

I'm not doing this race but I do have a couple of other events booked with them and for a number of reasons I'd rate their customer communications as very poor. Shame as they run great courses in amazing locations.

Funny how you post here on UKC and not long after the FB announcement is made....
 Wonrek 18 Jan 2013
In reply to Dave Douglas: Awesome Walls: Yes I saw it went up a quarter of an hour ago. Any runner entered in n ultra tomorrow morning would be asleep by now and wouldnt have seen tht announcement.

Why it says 19.00 I don't know because it certainly wasnt posted at that time. As I said I'm not entered in this race but I really feel for those that were because race and hotel fees add up to a lot of money to lose.
 Banned User 77 19 Jan 2013
In reply to Dave Douglas: Awesome Walls: saw on FB helsby is now off
In reply to IainRUK:

Just seen that! Oh well that was my Z race this year!

Plans are now being prepared for an icy/snowy 22 mile Delamere Loop tomorrow!

Dave D
 The New NickB 19 Jan 2013
In reply to Dave Douglas: Awesome Walls:

I did the Hebden today, just over 21 miles and about 5,000', lots of snow made it fun if a little harder than usual!
 normie boy 19 Jan 2013
In reply to Dave Douglas: Awesome Walls: yes Helsby off.
 steveriley 19 Jan 2013
Yep, rotten decision to make, but the course was pretty grim to drive today. Some pics on flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/runhelsby/
In reply to steveri:

Steve, We did the Delamere loop this morning and as much as it was good fun it was lethal in over 80% of the 22 miles!

It was definitely the right choice to call the Helsby Half off in my eyes.

I hope all the charities still get their money and not to many people ask for a refund.

All the best.

Dave D.
ps Run soon?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...